Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Musings - Part 1

~*~
Happy Saturday!


Did ya 'all run out and get your Peeps this week for breakfast? Just checking! ha ha
So last night we went to our kids school to watch the Talent Show and it was so darn adorable, so cute! There are definitely some to watch through the years as you can see their gifts already forming. My favorite acts were a young man who did Classic Guitar Riffs - enjoyed me some Journey, AC-DC, Bob Seager, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Eagles, etc. and a little darling boy who told jokes.. my favorite was this... "What do you get when a Turtle and a Porcupine cross the road?" Answer.... "A slow poke." ha ha

This morning my house was busy with activity. First was the poke in the arm while I was sleeping. MOM, MOM... guess what, we're going fishing with Dad! Can we do restaurant tonight?"
What is that you ask? Well we cook up a dinner and my Man and I "order" off the pre-made menu's and the kids serve us our dinner. They of course offer a wonderful atmosphere and an enjoyable evening as they look forward to their "tip" money. (Note to self... rustle up a couple of dollars!)


While grocery shopping this week, I got a smokin' deal on the fixings for stew since it was St. Patricks Day and everybody was making their Corned Beef and Cabbage meals. I bought stew meat instead. So this morning before they left, the kids prepared dinner so it would be ready after a day of Fishin'.....











While I was putting this post together, I got a phone call from the secret fishing hole...


"Mommy? What are you doing?"
"Just bloggin' about your making dinner tonight and then I'm going to start on my bible study homework."
"Ummm, are you done with your coffee yet?"
"Yea honey, why, what's up?
"Ummm, could you please drive me to the bathroom?"
"HA HA HA HA - Sure honey, I'm on my way!"




Yes, I am the official bathroom runner. You see when the kids were just little, little people I'd drive them to the NICE bathroom instead of the out-house style bathroom and thus the tradition was started. However, if push came to shove, out-house style is not foreign to them either.

Running water, SOAP and hot air dryers, deluxe accomodations really!



Okay, let's head to our spot.
I couldn't do my homework because of the critter activity nearby! Remember the last time when the serpent showed up! Yeah, I didn't get a lot done that day either! ha ha



As you can see, it was a slow morning, not a lot of fish activity.
 

That is until I pulled out HOT coffee to drink! Ah, Mom! What about us? What did you bring for us? Ummm, nothing, didn't Daddy pack your basket?
"Mom, do you have any of those money cards left?"
"Yes.... I think I do! Let's go kids!"

So off we go...

... to Starbucks!

Order up and ready and back to the fishin' hole!

"So kids, was it worth the trip?"
Their response... "Mmmmmmmmmmmm good! Thanks Mommy!"

Then, nearby a fellow fisherman who was AT OUR SECRET FISHIN' HOLE, started getting some action! We gauged it to be a nice 3 pound Large Mouth Bass!
Then, I heard a little singing above me? What could that be? Ah shucks, it's birdie!

The kids wanted to move to the dock area where we had seen some more action. So we loaded up and headed over.

Still nothing for us... hours go by with NOTHING! Until... we heard thunder...

Hmm, wait a minute, that doesn't sound like thunder. Holy Smokin' Rockets, it's the military!

We think it was F-15 jets but don't know for sure? Any of you know?
Look at what my dinky little camera got! I should start looking for UFO's next! I could be on the cover of the Enquirer with these photography skills!



Well after all that excitement, we decided to pack up and head for home and warm showers.
I'll take more pics tonight so you can see how our "Restaurant" evening was enjoyed!
~*~

10 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Lavinia March 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Ha ha! That restaurant idea is great, wish I'd thought of that years ago. Now its too late. But anyway. I often make beef stew in the slow cooker too. It's great, throwing everything in in the morning and coming home after work to find it ready to eat. The slow cooker makes the stew beef so tender! I notice in the pics that your daughter tossed in baby carrots. I found that baby carrots would not soften even after hours in the slow cooker, and I couldn't figure out why.... so I've gone back to using big carrots sliced up. Has that been your experience or do you have a secret for getting them to soften?

claude March 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

I have a slow-cooker too !
But no kids to help me !

ChaChaneen March 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Lavinia - My kids prefer the veggies with a little bit of crunch left in them, not mushy ~ thus the reason I use the baby carrots. I prefer soft style too but whatever it takes to get them to eat stew! ha ha

Lavinia March 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

For heaven's sake, Janeen, there is always something exciting happening to and your family! CAN I MOVE IN? PLEASE???

Wow, even a day of fishing turns out to encompass top gun military maneouvres, fugitive snake attacks, delicious starbucks treats and UFO sightings!

Thanks so much for posting the update. Ye Olde Fishing Hole looks right out of Huckleberry Finn, and as for the 'money cards' they sure come in handy don't they. Mom to the rescue!

p.s. when I saw the photo of Hubby with the net, I felt *sure* that the next pic was going to show him toppling into the water...tee hee!

Sparky March 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

Yummy looking stew. And supper is ready when ...?? I like fishing trips with money cards and your little girl in her California camo (pink). Very cute! We had a great day in SE Georgia too. I should post my pics next. It was lovely here today. So Spring-y. ;o) ♥ ∞

Mescrap March 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Such a beautiful day to enjoy your outing activities for your family :)

Tea Time With Melody March 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Grants face is priceless, was there something sour in that Starbucks??1 LOL

ChaChaneen March 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Just hot cocoa! They were telling me it was Mmmmmmmmmm good! ha ha

Nana Trish is Living the Dream March 25, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

I love this post! I have to agree with Lavinia. I want to move in. It looks like you guys have so much fun! Your stew looks great. You are clever to have restaurant night. I'll bet the kids love it.My parents took me fishing when I was a little girl and I have the best memories of it. I can't wait to read Part 2.

Gill - That British Woman March 27, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

what a great day, the way you wrote that post made it so fun to read......

Gill in Canada