Sunday, March 1, 2009

Breakfast Tea

~*~
If you've visited my blog long enough, you know that I love Afternoon & High Tea. You'll also know that I love having a themed Tea party even more! This weekend was no exception either because we celebrated the birthday of one of my dear friends of the PG group!


Happy 59th Birthday Suzanne!
Recognize the crown? Yep, it's the one we rotate for our birthdays. Here is when I wore it.
(Ya'll... I HOPE I look this FANTASTIC at 59!)


Our dear friend Sara hosted the breakfast tea party. I wish you could all meet Sara, she could have her own show. SERIOUSLY, she has the gift of home decor that I get A LOT of my ideas from. She is a well of talent barely tapped into. Sara, I just realized I didn't take your picture during the party, DARN IT! She just got a new hair-do too and it look fabulous! Sara had long hair like me until recently and her new style is celebrity short and she totally carries it off with style!




Isn't this just a beautiful table setting! Aren't the french fabric tea light lamps pretty!?

Trina brought Sara this lovely hostess gift of plants! Very thoughtful of her to do that!


So what was on the menu? Suzanne selected all her favorites and because she is originally a Dixie girl, there were a few southern dishes! First was this rich parfait of berries and ricotta & cheeses' topped with crushed cookie (I think).


Look at this PRETTY Jam/Curd canister! It matches her parfait glasses pictured above! If anyone would like to part with a china type Jam/Curd jar, I'd be happy to give it a good home! (hint hint)


These are Coconut and Black Currant scones! I loved the Coconut!


Here is what I brought, Cheesy Grits. They were so yummy! The recipe says to bake it in a casserole pan but I liked it right out of the pan when I did Quality Control. Grits are yummy and remind me of Polenta. In fact, you cook grits the same way you do polenta, very easy!


Sherri brought these chocolate croissants... enuff said!

This is a heart shaped piece of toast with a poached egg and covered in Gruyere cheese sauce and bacon garnish. Unfortunately, I did not detect a hint of Saffron in the sauce. (Inside Joke!)

Now this is very southern... Pig Candy! Very easy to make too. Using DARK brown sugar, dredge the front and back of thick bacon slices, roll up if you want them to look as cute as this, secure with a toothpick. Bake on a broiler pan in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. We like it slightly crispy! **Warning... these are extremely addictive. The sweet/salt thing keeps you coming back again... and again... and again...


Gorgeous fruit salad!

Fresh juice and tea of course!


So what does all this look like plated up? Just look at mine here and you'll see. And just to keep it real, I want you to know that I wore elastic sweat pants to ensure I would be up to the challenge of trying everything! And Ladies, I did you all proud... I ate nearly EVERYTHING!

While we waited to see if our cholesterol went off the charts, the birthday girl opened presents! Aren't these boxes CUTE!!!!


Here she is in her new Crown jewelry! Yes, we are daughters of the Most High King!


This is a kit for making envelope and cards. Suzanne is so TALENTED on her own that she really doesn't need these templates but it's what she wanted. She is why I want to be better with correspondence and letters/note cards. She inspires me!


She also likes her Americana! Erin got her these cute decorations!



This is REALLY cute!

Well none of us had gone into cardiac arrest yet, so we tackled the CHOCOLATE birthday cake that Sara made.
She is motioning... Happy Birthday to me!


Her daughter Sherri is blowing the candles out because Suz is still recovering from being sick and didn't want to share the bug.


Here is Gwenda and I ready to dig in!!


The Beautiful Sherri and former Mrs. California of 2005!


And look at these two beauties! Cindy (L) and Trina (R)!
And if I could ask you all to PRAY for Trina on Tuesday, March 3, as she goes in for surgery.


And last but not least... this is Cody who said goodbye to us as we left the party. Cody is seriously in love with my friend Erin. He TALKS to her! I've never seen anything like it. He doesn't bark, he whines almost as he's talking.

~*~

12 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Marie Reed March 2, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

59? Holy crap she's looks fab! I freaked out last night because I found my first wrinkles around my eyes:) Oh well!

ChaChaneen March 2, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

I know, she looks fabulous! ha ha You make me laugh Marie!

MuseSwings March 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Next time you are doing to post such delicious pictures you must call me first so I don't faint dead away in a drooly puddle on my keyboard! What a wonderful beautiful tea!

alittlebitofscrap March 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Wow, I've never been to a party like that. It looks amazing and like lots of fun :)

Ginger March 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Hi Janeen:
Wow, everything looks so good. The food is really appetizing looking and the table so pretty. I think it's neat the way you gals all get together and have a tea party for everyone's birthday, and the birthday girl gets to wear the crown.
Ginger

Sparky March 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

OMGoodness, that looks like fun. The decorations are fab! I think I gained 5 pounds looking at all that WONDERFUL food too! Bad girl! Thanks for letting us all join in. Happy 59th Suz. You look spectacular!
PS: Do I get the tiara for my birthday too?

Just kidding ... ♥ ∞

Nana Trish is Living the Dream March 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Okay, my big 6-0 is coming up in September. That menu will be perfect. So much beauty and pretty pretty food. I think you guys just have too much fun. Wow. You are a party animal!!!! Of course, in a good way!

Country Mouse, City Mouse March 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

What a wonderful birthday celebration. How fun!!

Gill - That British Woman March 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

that all looks yummy, I too would have had to wear my elasticated pants as well!!

Gill in Canada

For Vienne March 4, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

WOW...what a fun and lovely party! Yum on all the food! I want a birthday party like this!! Mine is coming up soon....hhhmmm, maybe I can pass on some hints! hee hee

KARNA March 4, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

you rock at your tea parties..birthdays and otehrwise! I loved the one at your house..just a beautiful job.

fun to see Suzanne and so glad you guys had this esp. since her mom and then she was so sick. She and I share a birthday date. neat huh.

I told Trina that I was going to slap my friends silly who knew she was going in for surgery cuz I just saw her post on Facebook about tomorrow morning at 5:30 am is her surgery...i asked about it, she shared it with me I WANT TO KNOW whats up with my old pals..even if I dont go there.. ok you are spanked..now on to others who know her and me and stuff LOLOL

i am LOVING your new blog look! my JUST BEAUTIFUL!

ok i should check your blog every day but facebook has me farming morning noon and night LOLOL
Love you!
K

Lavinia March 6, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I read this post the other day and just about fell out of my chair. Are you kidding me, this post far exceeds the governments recommended daily allowance of yummy looking food!! I wish I'd been there ,but then, what would the rest of you eaten? By the way, I can't rest until I make pig candy. Never heard of it till now, but it looks quite irresistible....but then again, so does everything else....