Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Sister's Tea Party- REVISED

~*~

Well you know that my sister Melody had her Breakfast At Tiffany's themed tea party today. She has recovered from her Afternoon Tea party and has posted her pictures now so head on over to see the fun. I've included some different photos' from the party too below. Enjoy!

First Petra Michelle suggested that I do up my hair in a French Twist to arrive in style and I couldn't agree more. Problem was that it's been YEARS since I've done it and my hair is REALLY long with lots of longs layers. So I turned to the Internet for help! Thankfully, there was hundreds of video's demonstrating how to do it, so after several practice runs, 100 hair pins and half a can of Aqua Net to shellac it in place, my attempt turned out pretty good.

Here is the photo for the inspiration to the party and it greeted us at the tea table!

And look at this bling that was on the table! Ba-Bing! Wow, I like the looks of that ice! Are those just not the best little table decorations?! I thougt so too and you can pick up a bag or two for yourself at your local Michael's Craft store! They come in several colors too. Ooooh the possibilities~
Such a lovely table!
Here's my Dad who dropped off my Mom...
And here's my lovely Mom!
The menu was our traditional Chicken Salad Sandwiches,
Delicious berries,
These were to live for deviled eggs! Oh my stars, they were delicious! They had bacon and cheddar cheese in the mix. Sounds weird I know, but try, you'll liiiiiiiike it! You'll love it!
Melody's drop biscuit scones,
Here the ladies are seated at the table. These ladies are part of our group that routinely rotates tea party's throughout the year.
And of course, a lot of laughter!

Here I am enjoying a glass of pink champagne! I like it!
And YES, that's my hair already starting to come down. ha ha ha


Here was some of the decorations that adorned her beautiful table. As you can see, I was trying them on for size. I think it's do-able, don't you? Oh yes, Dahling!


I even won a prize! ME - WON - A - PRIZE! I know! I rarely win anything!

My sister was wiped out tired when I left her house, but I can tell you that I took a ton of pictures and there are some doosies in there that already posted on her blog now that she has finished her post!



And check out this sneak peek at my party favor! I know, I know, cuuuuuuuute huh?!


~*~

16 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Tea Time With Melody March 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

OMG you had to use THAT picture of me...lol Yes, I am totally wiped out but I did just finish downloading all the pictures and I will have my post in the next couple of days.

ChaChaneen March 15, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Well I could have used the OTHER one but I thought I'd leave that for you! (wink)

Linda Jennings March 16, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

I enjoyed seeing the photos on both your blogs. A fabulous tea party, for sure!!!

KARNA March 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I hurried over here to see pictures..thanks for the tease! Bet you had a great time and i love pink champagne too!

Have you ever had pear tea? Its almost impossible to find pure pear tea but its fabulous. If you ever see it, pick me up a box too and I'll pay ya back.

I'll be checking out Melody's blog all week hoping for more pics.

i loved your hair up too...and the teaching....so true, so true....and you are beautiful inside and out.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? March 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

You look absolutely divine, Dahling! *laughing* All that trouble definitely paid off!

But, Janeen, I had no idea that Melody of "Tea Time with Melody" is your sister?! I'm going to visit to take a peek. The party favors are lovely!

Am so glad you both had a wonderful time! Petra :))

Marie Reed March 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Your hair and nails are gorgeous! I couldn't get over your gorgeous long nails though.... Mine are bitten to the quick! Yikes!

MuseSwings March 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Is that cosmopolitan "tea" that you are sipping? The coming attractions are wonderful and I will be sitting on the edge of my keyboard until Melody posts more!

Sparky March 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

OMGoodness, that looks like fun! You little tease :o) making us wait for Melody's post! Your hair and nails look gorgeous dahlink. You did good on the hair. Makes me want to grow mine back out again ... if it would grow. I'm off to visit your sista and see if she's posted yet. :o) ♥ ∞

Tea Time With Melody March 16, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Why thanks for helping out posting some of the 84 pictures you took! I had such a hard time narrowing it down that I forgot half my food pics!!!

And people, when you look at the picture of Janeen receiving her gift, you'll see that she is fanning herself over the excitement of winning. She almost knocked her chair over with excitment when she jumped up. hehe

Linda March 17, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Absoulty lovely!! How fun!!! Blessings.

twinkle teaches March 17, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

So glitzy and glamorous!! Chicken salad sandwiches are my fave! :) Love the pink ring dahling!
tina

Beth Niquette March 18, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

What a wonderful party! I did so enjoy your blog this morning. (grin) You've inspired me!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream March 18, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

You have the best tea parties. The food is always so beautiful!! also yummy looking. I know you guys must have so much fun.

KARNA March 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

I love your tea parties!!! Loved all the new pictures..what a fun day!!!
Regarding Chacha' nails..let me say she has the longest most fab nails ever> Before she got married our church tossed a shower for her and I performed with 3 back up singers. I had to don a LONG BLONDE WIG and put on the longest FALSE red nails EVAH cuz that was our janeen!!! What a hoot that was.I lip cync'd to MY GUY... what a fun Memory .

Lavinia March 20, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

It was a fantastic party, I heard ALL about it on Melody's blog. I thought I had commented here but anyway, here I am now. Any devilled eggs left? Are you sure? Please..check one more time! For me!!

Lydia March 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Wow! I've never been to a tea party and this one was for real and done to the hilt of style. I'm really impressed! Yes, your hair is terrific and just like Marie Reed my nails are all bitten down lately so I admire your nails.