Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Musings - Part 2

~*~
Part 2...
Please scroll down to Part 1 first if you haven't seen that post yet.

Aaaaaah home at last and all fresh and clean from fishing. Daddy and the boy took a little nap while my girl and I enjoyed a pot of tea and a little hot cocoa in my cozy room!
Mmmm, hot cocoa!




Vanilla Black tea with milk and brown sugar cubes for me!


Guess who woke up for his little snooze on the couch, ha ha! He helped himself to cocoa!



Ding, Ding! Dinner Time! Welcome to the New Restaurant, we'll be your hosts...



We were HIGHLY encouraged to try the Stew and Bread!




Sounds great, I'll have that!









Dinner was delicious and we talked about our fun day at the Secret Fishin' Hole!

 

Revised~ the video I had up here before was slowing my site down so I took it off.~*~


19 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Caroline March 22, 2009 at 3:36 AM  

What a lovely post and what a neat thing for your kids to do. I bet Oopsey is going to have fun being a waitress at your house. Let me know when she arrives so I can keep track of her.

Sparky March 22, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

The stew looks scrumptious. "Oh Waiter? I'll have the #31 with biscuits please."
That's funny 'cause when I go to clean up, my 'crew' disappears too. Hmmm ... a real mystery. Maybe we've truly discovered a Black Hole that swallows clean up volunteers ... [lol] ♥ ∞

Lavinia March 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Ohh.....so sweet. Lotsa fun! Those prices on the menu, whoa...what about parental discount??

By the way, the interior of your fridge is outrageously neat and clean and organized. Wow!

Clean up: Yes, sigh,...its so hard to find good help these days...

For Vienne March 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

oh how sweet!! What a wonderful family day! Oh my goodness, the kids are so cute! I love it. I remember playing restaurant like that too and just loving it. Thank you for the pics, I really enjoyed them...and thanks for the tip on the dish soap!

Lavinia March 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Hey, I've tagged you for a meme! Pop over to the birdbath to see what it's about...

Kat Mortensen March 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Janeen - glad you liked the Pole-dancing bear!
I love your background. I'm having some trouble seeing your text though, maybe you could darken it a bit.

Kat

ChaChaneen March 22, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Looks are deceiving Lavinia! lol

Tea Time With Melody March 22, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Oh MY Gosh I can't stop laughing!!!! I loved the menu. I want some of that BIG rice. LOL I want to know when they are going to invite Auntie over for Restaurant night!

MuseSwings March 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Now THAT's a family day! I love it! Great post, wonderful pictures and lots of happy smiles!

alittlebitofscrap March 22, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

How cute! The stew look delish too :)

Linda March 23, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

So cute!!! Thanks for sharing. Blessings

Saucy March 23, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

So did you leave a good tip? Looks like you had excellent service...

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie March 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Hi Hon enjoyed this post so much.What darling kids.I love how they put the bisets on,so sweet.How many fish did you catch?We go fishing all the time down here.Ya'll take care.Hugs Marie Antionette

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? March 23, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

What a wonderful Saturday, gorgeous! Perhaps one of our adventures can take place at the swimming hole and then your place for dinner.
Promise, we'll help cleaning, while you kick up your heels and enjoy your drink of choice! ;)

alittlebitofscrap March 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Thanks for the compliment on the scarf. And to answer your question.. no, Anchorage wasn't affected by the volcano eruption at all, towns northeast of us was though. I'm just glad we got nadda here! :) Thanks for asking.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream March 25, 2009 at 3:47 AM  

I want to just jump into the post and eat some of the stew and biscuits. Yummy. I need to get ready and go to work, but this is more fun. The pollen is unreal. Unlike Stevie, I am allergic to the nasty stuff.. What was the liquid they put in with the stew? What was in it?

Barbara March 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Aren't children fun! Cooks in the making here.

steviewren March 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

I think something is wrong with the way I'm viewing your blog. I can't read the words because they are only partly visible from the pretty background. Am I the only one seeing this? Please tell me I'm not losing it.....

Gill - That British Woman March 27, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

that stew looks really good, I wonder if your helps would like to pop by my house!!!!

Gill in Canada