Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oopsy Update!

~*~
Oopsy Update!
Good Morning and greetings to my family back home in Australia!

Yesterday, I went to work with the Mom but we had to take the kids to school first! Buckle up!

It was a beautiful morning as we passed the grape vinyards.


As we settled into work, I nibbled on the bagel sandwich my host packed in my lunch box!


As the hours went by I helped file papers, answer phones and watched in amazement how those fingers of hers could fly about the keyboard! When she wasn't looking, I joined in for a cup of tea at the fountain!


When it was break time, we went for a walk and met up with one of the Mom's co-workers whom she called "The Ranger". The Ranger likes to race his stock car and just happened to have his trailer nearby and offered to show me what he and his DARLING 3 yr old grandson do on Friday nights! The Mom said that he just wanted to show off his race car's new paint job and logo! (tee hee)
Popo is Grandpa and Mojo is the Grandson.




On Saturday, the house was busy with activity! The Mom said something about pulling weeds and doing yard work but since I'm on vacation I offered to supervise the work from this coooool chair the little miss got for me to rest in. It was mighty hot too, thankfully the Mom offered me some apple juice!




 
When the chores were done we headed to the backyard to cool off in the shade and make plans for the day!
"Riiiiiing" ~ "Riiiiiiiing"
"Hello?"
"Greetings Host Grandma! Can we come over and visit you today, I came here all the way from Australia just to see you!"
"Well of course, I'd love to see you!"
We're off to Grandma's House!
I'll post more pictures when we return!
~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Lavinia March 29, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

I love the minute maid shot!

Caroline March 29, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

WOW What a great post to come home and see sorry I didn't get your comment earlier. Will have to do a post soon. The kids just loved seeing her with your kids they are getting a real kick out of this. Thankyou for doing such a fantastic post with so many great pictures. I wonder where she will be off to next??

Linda March 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

What a wonderful post. For some reason through Oopsey's eyes you get more of a feel what it is really like to be there. And more of the cultural differences. Like what is the yellow in the bagel? Is it cheese, I know cheese is darker there.

Caroline, this is fantastic.

Joolz March 31, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Hello, just popped in from Australia to see what Oopsy is up to. You've been very good to her, showing her around. Can't wait to see where she is off too next.

Cheers - Joolz

Gill - That British Woman April 2, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

glad she is having a good time, and has warmed up!!

Gill in Canada