Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 8

"What I did this summer - Part 8"

It was my boy's turn to have his birthday party and he chose a Knight theme. Ut-oh, can't buy those decorations at the Dollar Store so we raided his toy box and I made the rest.


Remember these crowns I made for my sister's birthday last year? We brought them back out again to use during the crowning ceremony of the dragon slaying competition.

We watched movies like, Ella Enchanted and Shrek to get some ideas for the decorations.





The guests start arriving! Let the fun begin!



Again, we went for the same menu of Fruit salad and Pizza!


The big moment!

Now that everybody is fed, let's play some games!



Like I said before, my kids LURVE to play Pin the tail on the Donkey game and we just change it up depending on our theme. For this Knight party, I made a Dragon poster and it was Pin the Flame to the Dragon!





Then we headed outside where I had made a kid friendly jousting area, with a twist of course!
I bought several cans of Silly String at the Dollar Store and told the kids to line up with their chosen opponent!


Ready... Aim... GO!!!
The kids absolutely loved this simple game and it was easy clean up because it sticks to itself.


Again, it was not easy to buy decorations for the theme but we made it work and for the pinata, I bought a pre-made dinosaur that I turned into a Dragon. Not the best looking dragon but the kids didn't notice. ha ha




Once again, I got up in the wee hours of the morning with my pot of coffee and spent an hour and a half making water balloons.

Once again, they were gone in 3 minutes and the kids loved every minute of it!




Then I gave the kids some water squirters and showed them how to fill their squirters using the little pool as a refueling station.

Best friends! Birthday memories!





His favorite gift was the Pogo Stick my Man and I got him!


Happy birthday baby!
~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 16, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

What an incredible imagination you have, Janeen! The idea of using his toy box for inspiration, brilliant! And, I felt was right there! Your children are so blessed to have you as their mother! :))

Lori September 16, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Ok. I. Am. Impressed. :) Girl, you done good.

PS - You crack me up with your "lurve". LOL!

ChaChaneen September 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Thank you Gals for your sweet comments, they made my day! And... it sounds even funnier when you say it outloud.... Luuuuurrrrrvvvve! Ar Ar tee hee

Sparky September 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

That sure looks like fun but who knew that knights played with pinatas and ate pizza!? I guess we're just gonna have to rewrite some history here. [giggle] :)

R. Quilter September 16, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

I love the jousting! I miss family vacations.

Betsy Brock September 17, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Oh my goodness! This is fabulous! fun, fun....you really outdid yourself!

Miss Jean September 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Ok, I'm hiring you the next time I throw a party! You certainly know what to do. And that little guy of yours...He's cheek pinching cute!!!!!

steviewren September 20, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

You did a fantastic job with the decorations. When my kids were young I used to throw parties just like these. I'm afraid kids today don't know how to have fun playing simple games using their own imaginations. Parents spend so much money on giving huge parties with all kinds of rented fun. But kids have just as much fun doing the old fashioned things..maybe more. Good job Mom!