Saturday, September 12, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 6

"What I did this summer - Part 6"

Have a Luau Birthday Party! Our children have the big "friend birthday parties" every other year, so when it comes around, we try to make it fun and memorable. This year my girl picked a Luau theme. Can I just tell you how blessed we were that the DOLLAR STORE had all the luau decorations we needed and the others I drug out of storage! Yahoo - saved big $$!!






The birthday girl!



The guests arrive!




Let's eat! We had this yummy fruit salad and pizza!




Next it was time for games! Crank up the music and L-I-M-B-O!
How low can you go?



Remember pin the tail on the donkey game? Well my kids LURVE to play that game, so we ALWAYS play it and change the PIN-TO for whatever theme we are doing. With this being a luau, I made the board to be Pin The Coconuts on the tree. We don't do prizes, so it's really just for fun and bragging rights as to who can get it closest.



As you can see, I made the tree REALLY BIG so it was easy for everybody to WIN.


Time to sing and celebrate! Happy Birthday baby!






Time to head outside and break the pinata!


Early in the morning, it was me and several cups of coffee in the backyard watching the sunrise and making 100 water balloons. It took me an hour and a half to make them. It took the kids 3 minutes to have a blast with them!

When they were done, they played in the mini pool.


Randon shots of family and friends!



Her favorite gifts were Pink Rollerblades from Grandma...

... and her new backpack for school.


Happy Birthday!
~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter September 12, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

Wow, the oldest has grown up. It took me a min to realize who that was. I love the cake! It looks like you had tons of fun! Didn't you have a pair of pink roller blades? :)

Sparky September 12, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Your kids sure are growing up fast. They're adorable. :)

All that delicious looking food made me hungry. [drool] Gosh, that looks like fun! I'm glad you took loads of photos. These will be happy memories for the rest of y'all lives. :)

twinkle teaches September 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

What a fun and creative party! I was on water balloon duty myself this summer. My son would throw them at me while I was filling them up! I love summer. :)
tina

Miss Jean September 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Wow! You sure do know how to throw a party! You're not just having a party, you are creating memories! Good going Mom!!!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 13, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

Did I enjoy your little girl's luau, Janeen! Every minute of it! Down to the dessert! And you're so right. Amazing how much you can get at the $ store, and voila!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :))