Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 1

~*~
What I did this summer... Part 1!
~*~

Well we got our first family pet! We went to our local adoption store and spent the afternoon looking at kittens! Here the kids have settled on one, a 4 month old boy and they wait with anticipation!





Here is the foster mom saying goodbye to her little charge. The kids look like they are ready to cry on behalf of the woman.


Ready for the big moment to release the box!



And here is Samson! We named him that because he has a really long tail and it reminded us of the story in the bible about Samson's long hair. ha ha






He is such a snuggler! I lurve it!










He is already settled in and using his litter box like a veteran!
 
UPDATE: Here is the picture that the adoption agency emailed me today from when he was previously advertised on the internet. Aweeeee, adorable next to that big dog looking so lovingly down at him. So glad there weren't any takers because we lurve him!


~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

jax September 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I love the first picture of him sitting on the chair! He's making a great face! It literally made me laugh out loud :) I'm so happy you finally got a kitty! Just wait until you want a second!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream September 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

I think Samson is absolutely beautiful. I love cats and have had them since I was a teenager. Don't get me wrong...I love our dogs, but cats are my very favorite. I think I relate to them more. You will have so much fun with Sam. He's soooo handsome!!

steviewren September 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

My boys had a cat that looked just like Samson when they were young. My oldest still loves cats better than dogs.

R. Quilter September 2, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

I love the photo's with you and Samson! Congratulations on your new family member!

Rebecca September 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Yey!!! Congratulations on the new addition...What a fantastic name for this sweet little feline friend..Now, you've made my day with this post and the photos of your kids with him are priceless...