Thursday, September 10, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 5

"What I did this summer - Part 5"


We went to our community sponsored National Night Out event! After a long day at work, we rushed home to get the kids from school and made it just in time for the unveiling of a local parks' newest ride! A mini Ferris Wheel!



They also hosted a free ice cream social!


Happy children!

We headed down the path for a free BBQ dinner too!



There was a bit of a wait, sooo we used the time to make a few memories!


The local fire station came by to give a demonstration and allow the kids to climb aboard the engine! Do you know your fire equipment? A Fire Engine has NO ladder and a Fire Truck DOES have the long extension ladder.

Just some random pictures...



Before we left we rode the train around the park.

And that's what we did on National Night Out! Did you also participate?

~*~

3 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky September 10, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Looks like fun. I wish I could still ride Ferris wheels but they make me kinda sickly now. :)

Your blog is so pretty. I love this new background set up.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 11, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

hahaha, Janeen! I don't think it would matter where you are! You would always bring fun and pleasure whatever you do! My favorite pic is you and your boy making funny faces! Only a woman comfortable in her skin could pull it off! :))

Thank you for sharing, Janeen!

twinkle teaches September 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Looks like so much fun! I never knew that about fire trucks. And I have never heard about National Night Out, but it looks like fun! :)
tina