Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 4

~*~
What I did this summer - Part 4!

We attended our BFF's annual Patriotic 4th of July Party!
Perry and Erin know how to host a party and this year was no exception, in fact... it was our best memory yet!

I lurved these festive flowers that were on the dessert table!

The entry table had simple decor but this picture doesn't do it justice. She had JUST finished painting prior to the holiday weekend. This wall used to be a beautiful barn yard type red color, it was stunning. We walked in today and it was cream! Erin, you amaze with your decorating changes.

Erin lurves candles too and she showed me a few new pieces to her collection. I like it, especially the glass blown bubbles~

Everytime I walked past this salad it caught my eye and there are only 3 ingredients to it.


Dessert table! I said, "Erin, what can I bring?"
She replied, "Duh.... dessert!" ha ha
I brought the Peach Cobbler and the Texas sheet-cake! Our friend brought the round raspberry chocolate tarte.... Rich and creamy!

Let's head outside for some fun!

Some things don't change do they?
The ladies on one side.....


The gentlemen on the othe side. ha ha It reminded me of a school dance.


Annual Friends!


This is Perry and Erin, our hosts!

BFF's!

Another BFF!


Me and my girl!

More annual friends!







 
Ha Ha - Lurve the pool accessories! This one holds the chlorine tablets.

Fun times in the pool!



Annual friends talking together....


... more annual friends talking together.

I lurve these two! My son and our friends grandson, only see each other at these annual gatherings and they always pick up their friendship right where they left off. It's so great to watch them great each other every year.



Our hosts also provided the kids with a few safe and sane fireworks. They loved the pop rocks! Here he is giving the kids instructions on what to do.

Let 'er rip!
Here is my party maker!


Aaaaah, the sun has gone down and while we wait for the city fireworks, Erin suggests we roast up some marshmellows.


Sounds great Erin but we don't have a fire.
Nooooo problem, she says. We can TORCH them! ha ha ha

 
Hope you all had a happy 4th of July and made a memory like we did too!
~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

50s Housewife September 8, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Looks like so much fun! I love Texas sheet cake. I haven't made it in a while because I have such a hard time staying out of it. :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Summer is the busiest time, and now is the best time to catch up, isn't it! This post was well worth the wait! Absolutely gorgeous, fun, and delicious, Janeen! I felt as thought I were there! Thank you for sharing!

Btw, Fall is my favorite season!
Perhaps we can do a Halloween fest! :))

alittlebitofscrap September 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Looks like a whole lotta fun! That fruit salad looks wonderful :)

Nana Trish is Living the Dream September 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

I love your blog look and it looks to me like you had a wonderful summer. All the pretty food and great friends. Who could ask for anything more?

Rebecca September 9, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

This looks like such a great time and what wonderful memories you made!

I see I have lots of catching up to do over here..I love your new background and border...Lovely, just like you!

Betsy Brock September 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Wow...they do know how to throw a party! All that food looks beautiful AND yummy! Fun times!

Sparky September 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

This warms my heart that you have such a good looking family and y'all have so much fun. I'm so happy for y'all! Thanks for sharing. :)