Friday, September 4, 2009

What I did this summer - Part 2

~*~
My Girl got new skates for her birthday this summer and wanted to break them in right away! So... we went to our local roller rink and even though I called ahead to make sure they were open as with all the schools starting at different times now, some stores have changed their hours accordingly as well due to lack of traffic in these tough economic times. Well when we drove up there were only 2 cars parked in the front and it looked deserted... seriously! Hmmm, we walked up and asked if anyone was there and the gentleman said, "Only us employees", you are our only customer. The kids about fell over with excitement of having the roller rink all to themselves for the afternoon!

First order of business was requesting a polite change of the garbage music to something more appropriate for this christian music loving family and they happily obliged with christian music! Yes! They had hours of music in their files for us to choose from and this Momma said, "CRANK IT UP!!!" and the kids replied with "TURN OFF THE LIGHTS!"




We pretended that we had stacks of money and rented out the roller rink for a private party. When we needed drinks or snacks, they catered to us like we were stars!


Then the employees brought out balls for them to play with along with special music to go along with it. They played tons of games while I SWEATED LIKE A PIG and tried to burn off 1,000 calories by skating around the rink. I grew up at the roller rink every Saturday as a kid and LURVED it!





Okay what you don't see here is the picture of my biff-fall-on-my-bottom shot. Oh my stars, my tailbone is STILL very sore. This body of mine is out of shape!

We had a GREAT TIME and made a memory! Auntie Melody, we wished you could have been there with us because my Man said he needed a haircut... yea right... I think different! ha ha

~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter September 4, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

I have to say I love the pink rollerblades!

ChaChaneen September 4, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

They are adjustable too, so they grooooow with their feet! yahoo!

jax September 4, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

I love your new design! I just wanted to let you know that I view your blog just so I can play the music in the background while I'm at work. It's so relaxing when I'm having a stressful day.

Betsy Brock September 4, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Wow! This is just wonderful! You are exactly right...just think of the cost of renting the whole rink! I'm sure they were just happy to have people there! What a cool memory!

Love the pink skates!

ChaChaneen September 4, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Jax, I play the music during dinner myself! For work, I'm all over the place depending on what needs to get done. Sometimes classical, sometimes 80's rock, sometimes Big Band/Swing... ha ha

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 5, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

Now how cool was that! Sounded like a blast, Janeen! Wish your girl a happy belated birthday! I can't remember the last time I went skating! It was always fun and a great workout! :))

Btw, Janeen, love your new look! You look gorgeous in Argyle! ;) Need to change mine soon! Can't believe summer is almost over! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!