Monday, October 19, 2009

Wedding Rehearsal

~*~

UPDATE: My feet are STILL sore... ouch! I slipped back on my comfortable shoes today for work and about melted into them they felt so good. It's pitiful that my feet don't wear heels more often! Funny how our minds think that we can still wear 3 inch heels with no problem until our body begs to differ after the long absences of them. ha ha

I think... I am one of the few people who took pictures the night of the rehearsal, so for the sake of my Niece who will need some pictures for her album, I will dedicate this post to her so she has something to put in her Wedding album. I'll save the Wedding Day pictures as the next post!
~*~
We arrived at the beautiful Arden Hills Resort Club & Spa ready to rehearse for the big event!



We all gathered in the lobby and the excitement, nerves and mini-meltdown began on cue...
... so to pass the time and keep my kids occupied from asking too many questions, I started taking pictures!




Okay everybody is ready, let's go!

When we entered the room the vendor was setting up the ceiling swags and chandelier's,
Check out the ICE on the ends of the chandelier chains!
It immediately caught my attention. ha ha

Here is the flower girl, she is adorable and has the vocabulary of a 20 year old. So smart!
The Groomsmen....


The Bridesmaids....

As the practice run began, you could sense the tension in the room begin to fade and everybody started relaxing and enjoying themselves. Here's the Groom watching his Bride come down the isle.

Practicing the... Letting Go... part


Okay, I think these kids have got it down now. Let's party!


Then we drove over to the Groom's parents home for the
B-E-S-T homemade BBQ Ribs and Tri-Tip eh-vah!

Everything was delicious and we all enjoyed our time together visiting one another.


Okay Jackie, time for me to say goodnight and get these kids to bed for the big day tomorrow!


We got a heck of a Internet deal at a nearby hotel from the resort and for our needs, it was perfect. The bonus part of the package was that the room came with a $25 gas card EVERY MORNING with a major gas company! Those will come in handy when money gets tight!

With complete kitchen too, thankfully though I didn't have to cook on this trip as it came with a full hot breakfast!
 
Mom, can I have a butter mint? Well Son, you're already sweet enough but... okay you can have some but save a few for your Momma!
Time for everyone to get some beauty sleep because we have to be at the resort at 9 am for pictures. AUGH! I know, it was mighty early to have to look camera ready but we did it!
~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky October 20, 2009 at 5:22 AM  

Very lovely. :)

Kat Mortensen October 20, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Been meaning to make my way over here for a while, Janeen. Great shots! Everybody looks so happy and from the photos of the affianced below, I think the wedding's going to be a smasher (that's a good thing, by the way).

I don't do heels. Ever.

Luv,
Kat

Cassandra Frear October 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Thanks for your comment. I am leaving a reply under it that has a link to the diary I used. That way other readers can use the link if they want.

Rebecca October 22, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

Congratulations to your niece! She looks so happy...and you look beautiful!

Betsy Brock October 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

Can't wait to see the wedding pictures! That pic of her dress and shoes is absolutely gorgeous!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? October 23, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

What a beautiful sneak preview of what I can imagine was a wow wedding~! Am sure Jacquie will be forever grateful you had your camera, Janeen! Thoroughly enjoyed the visit~!

And your accommodations seemed perfect and comfy for everyone~!

LOL Janeen, I just found my pair of pink satin stilettos with black studs! Was considering wearing them (it's been a couple of years!)until I tried them on. Ugh! Need to have a serious flea market! Such beautiful clothes and shoes I just can't/won't wear anymore!

Have a wonderful weekend, Janeen! Can't wait for the wedding! :))