Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Wedding Day - Part 1

~*~

The Wedding day - Part 1



Well I learned through this that you can only post soooo many pictures in a single post and pictures take up a lot of memory so I started over and broke these out into 2 parts. Part 2 has LOTS more pictures so keep scrolling down and you'll see the next post.


We had to be at the resort by 9am - camera ready and when I arrived.... these ladies were NOT camera ready. Rather than get mad, I started taking pictures... ha ha!



Here's my sister Melody, who bless her heart, ran all over the place that morning to finish preparations and got ready in record time.


The photographer wanted to take pictures of the brides dress and shoes away from all the mirrors in the bridal room so I was the official dress security person.. i.e. "Janeen could you PLEASE help him and don't let anything happen to that dress!"

Sure, not a problem! It was fun to watch him set up shots and I got to learn a few ideas along the way. He was quick and professsional - he even laid down in a pond of standing water from where the sprinklers had been on to get a shot of her dress leaving his dress shirt dirty and wet. Now that's what I call doing what ever it takes to get the shot!





While we were outside I took some more shots of my family and relatives that were arriving. Guess what boys, your second Cousins!


My brother and his sons


My Aunt and my Mom


First cousins!
My cousin Jennifer, Kristin and my sister Melody and Me

My cousin Jennifer and my brother

My cousin Kristin and I

My Girl and my Mom

We walked in to the Men's lounge to see what was going on and was greeted with... "Hey this is the Men's Lounge.. girls keep out!" After giving them the evil eye, they changed their tune and asked me if I would like to join them! ha ha


My Brother and Dad


My Boy and my Nephew, Nicholas


My Brother and I



My Brother, my Nephew and my Brother-in-law

My Dad and Me


My Parents

Then I returned to the bridal room and baby Adrina was getting all prettied up by her other Grandma Carolyn and Great Grandma Ann!



Came back outside and everything was getting into full swing! It's almost time to go!
Here are the bride and grooms Mom's!

One last shot of my family before we begin!
I lurve this picture! I'm going to get a large picture done and frame it for my parents!





Continue scrolling down to the next post for Part 2!

~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter October 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

I LOVE the baby in the little yellow dress photo! Your family is very photogenic!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? October 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Loved, loved, loved this post, Janeen! The bridesmaids' gowns are beautiful! Who says they have to be gaudy! The color, their elegance!

hahaha! With your loving/discerning and evil eye, you've come up with such awesome memories! Your parents will love that photo!

Brava, Janeen!

p.s. Thank you again for inspiring me to write Disco Fever, which I'm sure will apply to the next post. On to the wedding! Can't wait! :))

Anonymous October 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Came over from Melody's blog. :)

Boy, good looks sure run in your family! What a perfect wedding!

the voice of melody October 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

The pictures are wonderful! You have a beautiful family, and baby Audrina looked adorable. :)

Blessings!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie October 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

What a beautiful family.Cute brother.And you are beautiful.You took some grat photos.I love the wedding dress hung up on the arch.The baby was darling making that funny baby face ,Now off for part 2
XXOO Marie Antionette

Rebecca October 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

You all look fantastic! I especially love this last picture( or first one depending..LOL!!)--You look gorgeous!

Great post...

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? October 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

Wishing you and your family, a frightully wonderful Halloween, Janeen!

p.s. re: your comment! You are a natural! I don't think it would matter how grand your camera. What matters is beheld by those beautiful eyes! ;)

Tea Time With Melody October 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Great pictures Janeen. Going to put some in frames and do some updating in my house!