Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Finally feels like Autumn!

~*~
It's finally starting to feel like Autumn here as the high temps are below 70 degrees, I lurve it!
*
This week we carved pumpkins...



and then I made some Italian Wedding soup
using this recipe from Whole Foods. I wish I could grocery shop there all the time because when I walk through the door, I hear singing and it's not the piped in stuff... it's angelic... especially when I walk past the butcher case and bakery!
*
This recipe is very easy and I took it to the next level of EASIER because I used meatballs I already had in the freezer! TIP - when you make meatballs, make them smaller than usual so you have more versital uses for them other than spaghetti, such as soup, meatball sandwiches, etc. and when you cook them, do it in the oven by baking them closed together - they'll shrink up - on a greased cookie sheet at 375 - 400 degrees and adjust your time according to your size of meatball. Mine are usually done in less than 20 minutes and you don't even have to rotate them, just leave them alone.
~*~

2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? November 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

So inviting and cozy, Janeen! I happen to adore soup, and have my soup cookbook at the ready now that it's getting cooler!

A great tip, Janeen! Will remember that in the future! :))

R. Quilter November 3, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Looks very yummy!