Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Freedom from Want, by Norman Rockwell.
The Saturday Evening Post, March 6, 1943
Story illustration/ Oil on canvas


Every year for Thanksgiving I try to come up with a few things I am thankful for. Many of these words are recycled from year to year.... and I'm thankful that it remains year after year!

I am happy that I have such wonderful friends and family. I have a lot of new friends that have come into my life in the past year and I want to take this moment to tell them all how lucky I am to know them and how blessed I am to have their friendship. Last year, 2007 was the worst ... but from it came truth for dear loved ones, the kind of truth that sets you free and God has continued to heal them this year and He is faithful to continue for however long it takes because it has ETERNAL purpose. I am SO incredibly grateful that many of you have been such a great support network for me, for everything - advice, hugs, love, just listening.

I am thankful to have had horrible job experiences through the years. Without it, I wouldn't have learned how to deal with negative, disfunctional people and their situations, as well as gaining knowledge and on-the-job experience. And my job isn't for whimps either! I am confident now in my abilities than I was when I first started my career many years ago. I have faith that I can do what I was trained to do. It is confirmed each time I'm given special projects because it's given knowing it will be done right when I'm finished.

Thank you Lord, for every night I lie down in a comfortable and safe home. There is always plenty to eat in my house despite my worries. In my country I enjoy great freedom. Though I have many grievances with our leaders and institutions, I truly appreciate the honor and opportunity it is to be an American. I am blessed with good health in mind and body, while many people have a serious illness which keeps them from enjoying a full and happy life. For my children. My greatest blessing is my wonderful children. They truly are the gift from you that “light up my life.” For my wonderful husband, who continues to love, support and give of himself.

Thank you Lord, for Your Son, Jesus. No one ever loved me like Jesus. He loved me so much that he was willing to die, that I might have everlasting life. Thank you, Jesus. Dear Lord, Thank you for all of your rich blessings. Help us to share what you have given us with those who are less fortunate than we are. Amen

Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

KARNA November 27, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

Beautiful Post ChaCha! God is good...all the time. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope your turkey turns out beautiful..just like you!

Sparky November 27, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Yes, Thank you Lord for Your Son, Jesus. HE does love us, no strings attached.

And *Thank You* for the beautiful post and your blog friendship.

Happy Thanksgiving ChaCha and Family!! ((Hugs)) ♥ ∞

MuseSwings November 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Beautiful post! Happy Thanksgiving, Janeen! I love that Norman Rockwell picture with all the smiling faces looking at the "camera". They invite us all into the picture.

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Beautiful post.

Unknown November 28, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Hi Janeen,

What a wonderful post! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog recently. I am so sorry I missed the Marie Antoinette festivity. I was in the middle of moving and with the holidays and all forgot. But thanks for stopping by.
You have a great blog!
Hugs,
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows