Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nah, not interested

~*~

Knowing my lurve for reading and computers, my friend recently asked me if I would be buying the newest reading companion...


I said, "It it an amazing piece of technology but nah, I'm not interested in having one."  She looked rather surprised assuming I would lurve to have one.  So I explained what I lurve...

~ Personal Libraries ~
The look, the feel, the smell of hardback paper books...








A book even looks better in my hand...

And if you drop a book, it doesn't break like technology...


I think with time, they even look better than technology.


So many books.... so little time!

And so little time I've had to visit my bloggy friends!  Hope your all doing very well and I'll be by to visit soon!
~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter April 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

As you know, I love technology. But a book in your hand is something special.

jax April 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

I completely agree! Nothing can match having a real book.

steviewren April 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Sorry you've been so busy lately, but it sounds like a good kind of busy. Happy Birthday to hubby.

As to the technology vs the real thing issue. I'm in full agreement with you. Nothing can replace the feel, smell and experience of a real book and a real library. I'm reading Dracula by Bram Stoker this week. It's good...why haven't I ever read this before?

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie April 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Amen!!! You tell it like it is Dear. Wonderful old pictures and books.Going to our annual Libary book sale this coming week.They always have some neat old books.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Tea Time With Melody April 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

I agree too! My eyes hurt sooner with a screen too. I love this music you have playing right now, goes great with sitting on the boat with the breaze, very relaxing.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) April 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM  

I'm so AADD it's hard for me to read for a long period of time. But I've done it, I want you to know! lol
I think I'd like that new piece of technology.