Monday, May 25, 2009

For Today...

~*~


FOR TODAY...


Outside my window
. . . is the sunrise. The coffee is brewed and I'm already on my second cup.


I am thinking
. . . how lovely it is to have peace and quiet in my home.


I am thankful for
. . . to be living in America, enuff said.


From the kitchen
. . . recipe for self rising flour pancakes. I HATE pancakes but I make them for my family.


I am creating
. . . a new theme for my tea party in July. I usually do a patriotic theme but I'm going to mix it up this year.


I am going
. . . to start looking for new everyday dishes. After 12 years, mine are definitely showing their age.


I am wearing
. . . the usual, blouse with jeans and my hair & make-up are done as always!


I am reading
. . . Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson. I'm leading a summer book club at my church so I'm preparing chapter discussions.


I am hoping
. . . my Mother-in-Law's feet are healed in time for her vacation later this year. She had bunion surgery on both feet, ouch! But so worth the pain, she'll be able to wear her closet full of shoes again.


I am hearing
. . . birds chirping VERY LOUD outside.


Around the house
. . . is a layer of dust that needs cleaning.


One of my favorite things
. . . is when one of my favorite magazines arrive in the mail.


A few plans for the rest of the week
. . . getting a little gift for the kids to give their teachers.


Picture this . . .
. . .Here are a few recent pictures we took... I am reading and making notes in my book club journal. And here's my girl just a few feet away watching the birds in the valley below.



What are you doing FOR TODAY?

~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky May 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

Sweet post. I wanted to put up my feet and join y'all for a quiet moment. I'm doing laundry and cleaning the house (usual Monday fare). We'll cookout later, just the two of us.
Happy Memorial Day my friend. :o)

Marie Reed May 25, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Francois hates pancakes too! I always make them and gorge when he goes out of town:) I'm going to play catch up with work today. It's not a holiday here..sniff..sniff:)

steviewren May 25, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

I'm catching up with all my favorite blog buddies. It has been so long since I had time to do so. Your day sounds perfect. It is gray and rainy here. I'm still working on getting all the photos in the books. I vow that I am never letting it get so bad again!

I hope your mother in law feet are better soon. My mother has terrible bunions, but she would never have the surgery. I have the beginnings of them. I hope the don't get as bad.

twinkle teaches May 25, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

You had me at coffee! :)
tina

Nana Trish is Living the Dream May 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

I loved this post! I wish I could be there for your bible study. I meant to tell you your tea party lemon-lime theme was wonderful. I didn't do much today, but cooked some salmon and drove back to Atlanta. I wish we could sit down with a cup of coffee and talk about a million things. Oh yow, I took a nap today. I always enjoy that.

Country Mouse, City Mouse May 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Hope you enjoyed your day.

I would like to invite you to come by my blog and enter a giveaway which is going on now!

Lavinia May 26, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

What a blessed day you are having. So happy to hear it. I hope the footsies are well on the mend before vacation time...please pass my sentiments along.

Love the birdies chirping..

nanatrish May 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Miss Cha Cha, please drop over to my blog for a little something I have for you:) luv ya, Trish the Dish