Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back in the saddle again..

~*~

Okay, I think I'm back in the bloggin' saddle again.
Whoa, it's been a busy few weeks here with no time to blog (I have a lot of reading to catch up on!). And to top it off, I've got a cold that is giving me insomnia at night and I can't sleep! Grrrr!

My Mother's day was lovely...

Recently, the kids found a birds nest with eggs that we left undisturbed. I loved the beautiful way the nest was perfectly round and snug...


Spirit week at school was fun with all it's daily themes. Here are some of my favorites...
Armed Forces Day


Western Day

Pirate Day




And here is a picture I couldn't resist sharing with you. Last Christmas we received some gift's that were... well let's just say they would have been better left not given and it was the thought that counted.. right? One of which was a cookie jar but the cookie jar was so awful that it was immediately given a burial in the trash can. The next day, another relative of ours was given a similar cookie jar but instead of giving it a proper burial, decided IN FUN to re-gift it to us. You've never heard a group of people laugh so hard on Christmas Eve! Thus, this little turn of events has begun our own family's tradition of re-gifting the Snowman Cookie Jar. Throughout the year I have been taking pictures of the jar and our family doing various things and at the end of the year, all the photos will go into a nifty little album that will go inside the cookie jar and when we re-gift it again this Christmas, the next recipient will enjoy seeing the memories it spent with us during the year. The idea is to also encourage the next person to do the same and see what wacky and crazy pictures they can come up with each year. So instead of passing around a block of fruit cake, we'll be passing the Snowman!
*
Here is a recent photo that will be included in the album... Snowman enjoying a box of donuts! hee hee

Do you have a item that you re-Gift each year?
~*~

6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

For Vienne May 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

hey....funny....I haven't been blogging lately, either! But, just today, as you were commenting on my last blog over a month ago, I was FINALLY writing up a new one!! Guess we're both back on the saddle again! We'll see how well I keep it up this time! heehee. My Mother's Day was ok....mostly spent on my mom, rather than me....but it looks like yours was lovely!!

Sparky May 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Our family decided ages ago to quit observing all the gift holidays and quit giving gifts to adults. We just do the kiddies. I haven't re-gifted ... yet. :o)

Glad you're back!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? May 17, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Welcome back, Gorgeous! ;) I hope you're feeling better. Those spring colds can be the worst, so take plenty of Vit. C.

I haven't had breakfast, and those
donuts look awfully delicious. Time to raid the fridg! :))

Lavinia May 17, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Janeen, you're looking adorable, and your kids, what a hoot, they are cute in their mugging for the camera. Love your boy in the army pose and your daughter as a cowgirl...soooooo cute!~

Tea Time With Melody May 18, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

OK, that was just too funny. Love the pictures.

Ginger May 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

That is hilarious...I love the idea of passing around the snowman and taking pictures of everything he has been involved in.