Thursday, May 28, 2009

Awe-Summm Award!

~*~

Thank you, Nana Trish at Nana's Living the Dream for such an Awe-Summ award! (Pun intended!) You KNOW I lurve the bling-bling crown, it's soooo me and the retro look of the drawing is right up my artistic alley too!
*
The idea here is to list 7 things that make ME Awe-Summm!!! (Hmm, this took 3 hours to do, so it's not as easy as you'd think!)
*
1) I rarely complain about anything. I can thank my Mother for that learned behavior.
2) I have the gift of discernment and it has served me well in life.
3) I can make the birthday cakes my children request at their birthdays. Not exact replica's from the pictures but they are pretty darn close!
4) I am Betty Crocker in the kitchen. When I go out to eat at a restaurant, all I ask is that the chef make it better than me. That shouldn't be hard, right?!
5) I host Afternoon Tea Parties that are filled with fun, laughter, good food and memories!
6) I could be Nancy Drew! I see things that others often miss. I can accurately guess the outcome of CSI shows and mysteries 99% of the time. Kind of takes the fun out of it though too 'cause I know what's going to happen.
7) I love, love, love my Jesus! Without Him, I would NOT be Awe-Summm or Cha Cha!
*
You're right Nana Trish, that was not easy. It's always easier to see the wonderful traits in others, rather than yourself. Now the rules are to tag 3 people with this Awe-summm award! This is difficult because I have MANY Awe-Summ bloggy friends that I could tag, but I will choose 3 ladies who consistently visit me and leave comments that make my day: Cynthia at Muse-Swings, Lavinia at Birdbath Chronicles, Sparky at My Thoughts Exactly!
~*~

10 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? May 28, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

Congratulations, Janeen! You wear it with grace and beauty! :))

Sparky May 28, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

Congratulations ChaCha Girl! :o) You are grace and beauty and so totally deserve the Aw-Sum Award. Thank you for passing it on to lil 'ol me! Gracious, I am completely humbled. Dang, now I gotta work too. [pout] I hate thinking about myself because I think of myself as rather boring. [lol] I'll give it a try. Give me a few days. Thank you again. ((Hugs)) Pamela :o)

Lavinia May 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Congratulations on this aww-summ award! Wow, I like your awesome qualities and wish I had access to your kitchen! (Or should I say the tempting delights that are served up in your kitchen.)

I'm with you on the Nancy Drew. I fancy myself a sort of gumshoe too!

Lavinia May 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Sorry, forgot to add, thank you so much! for passing this onto me. I shall post forthwith....I hope it sparkles on my page too.

MuseSwings May 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

This is very aww-summ! The award even sparkles! Who could ask for more! I love your aww-summ qualities - so glad we found each other in bloggyland! Thank you so much for sending this sparkly award my way! I am AWWed and shall post my er uhm qualities as soon as I can locate a few. Love you!

Kat Mortensen May 29, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Janeen, I haven't been here in a while (and I apologize for that), but Lavinia directed me to your #7 and I'm with you on that one for sure! (Oh, and I loved Nancy Drew - still do!)
I will make an effort to visit more often.

Kat

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? May 29, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Wanted to mention that I can now relate to this beautiful song after watching Miss Pettigrew Lives for A Day -- it was so endearing, Janeen!

And Boopy surely does sound like Oopsie. LOL Sounds like Oopsie is having the time of its life!

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! :))

Sparky May 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Ta da! I finally posted the award. Sorry to be sooooo sloooooow. ha ha
http://redbirdacres.blogspot.com/2009/05/like-im-so-totally-awe-summ-you-know.html
((Hugs)) :o) xx

Saucy May 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

That really is a good list, and a very good exercise, actually. As hard as it is, it is a good idea to sit down and assess one's awesome-ness on a regular basis. It's good for the self-image.

And I agree, you ARE pretty awesome.

Tea Time With Melody May 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

Oh I am the original Nancy Drew. I say we have a CSI contest! Winner has to make something Betty Crocker.