Sunday, May 31, 2009

Because you asked...

~*~

Here is an example of one of the birthday cakes I made for my Boy 2 years ago. I took these with my cellphone camera at the time because I didn't have a digital camera yet so the pictures are kind of fuzzy, but you get the idea...
*
His theme was a Pirate party and he saw this Ocean cake in a magazine and he said, "Mom, here is one you can do, but can you put some sharks on it!?" It's sweet how much faith they have in me. Little do they know, I don't sleep for days trying to figure out how to create it. ha ha
*


Here the bears are swiming in shark infested waters. Some are scuba diving and others and floating on colorful intertubes and playing ball in the waves.



Splish... Splash... S-H-A-R-K... secure the treasure!



Fish swimming through the kelp and seaweed.

*
Here is the picture from the magazine... like I said, not exact replica's but darn good for this Betty Crocker!

~*~

9 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

the voice of melody May 31, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

What a cute cake! I think you did a terrific job, especially because there are so many details. I like the little treasure, but all of it is great. :)

Sparky May 31, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

I like you're cake better! You are very creative and talented. I should have asked you to bake my birthday cake. YUM!!
Thanks for sharing. xx :o)

Saucy May 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

It's lovely, really! You did a remarkable job with the inspiration photo... I always like a little inspiration to get my creative juices going.... your sharks look jell-ishus!

KARNA June 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

that i s so awesome Janeen! Such talent girlfriend, i'll bet you'll be working for the Ace of Cakes on FOOD TV soon!!!!

twinkle teaches June 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

That cake is adorable! You have talent! :)
tina

alittlebitofscrap June 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Darn good is Right! Very cute :)

Marie Reed June 2, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

Wow girl! This is amazing! My cakes are always lopsided or burnt! How PERFECT and cute you cake goddess you!

steviewren June 2, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

I'm very impressed! What is the see through water stuff on the top? Is it jello?

ChaChaneen June 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

It is cake decorating GEL. It's in those little white tubes next to the bigger icing tubes.