Monday, May 18, 2009

8 Things

~*~

8 Things...

Yep, I've been reading and reading and reading some more. Visiting blog friends has been like so much fun! While visiting NanaTrish at Nana's Living The Dream she tagged me to play 8 Things... So I too will take the challenge!


8 Things I Am Looking Forward to:

1. 2 weeks vacation this summer
2. Planning my next tea party
3. Leading a summer book club
4. My niece's wedding this fall and seeing my adorable children as part of the ceremony
5. Redeeming my gift certificate to get a pedicure/manicure
6. Visiting my parents
7. Getting together with the PG girls
8. Sending a Thank You to a dear friend who gifted me dishes


8 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Went to church
2. Went to Costco for a cheap lunch
3. Visited my blog friends and left comments
4. Watched "Miss Pettigrew lives for a day"
5. Helped my boy memorize his project for Monday
6. Balanced the checkbook
7. Spent time with my Man
8. Read my Bible

8 Things That Bring Me Peace and Comfort

1. Reading
2. Quiet mornings with coffee wrapped in my shawl at sunrise
3. Working on a bible study
4. Making journals/scrapbooking
5. Being able to pay my bills (Good one NanaTrish!)
6. Prayer
7. Seeing my family happy and healthy
8. Enjoying Afternoon Tea


Okay, now consider yourself tagged and I look forward to visiting your 8 THINGS!

~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky May 19, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

That's a sweet post! Reminds me too of the simple things that I consider important. It was fun to read your eight.

So glad to have you back on-line!! God bless. :o)

Lavinia May 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Very nice. I enjoyed reading these. Wow, you're up at sunrise? I admire early risers.

P.S. Looking forward to your next tea party darling, your last one was such a smash!

Lavinia May 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

I consider myself tagged and shall post my own 8 things.

For Vienne May 19, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Hi! I love these fun little 'quizzes' or get to know you lists. I shall try it myself, after this...if V gives me the time.
Oh, the study I am in is just from the Bible. We have been focusing on Ephesians chapter 5. My mom actually wrote a few small studies and this is one of them. Nice and simple. I have done Beth Moore studies and certainly love her books!
The bumps on Vienne's face...well, i don't really know what they were. The doctor did not have a good definitive answer. Thankfully, they cleared up though and never bothered her.
Summer is almost here....what do your kiddies do during the summer?

Nana Trish is Living the Dream May 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

I enjoyed your lists. I, too, have missed you. It sounds like you have some neat things to look forward to.

Marie Reed May 20, 2009 at 3:17 AM  

Janeen!!!!!! Huge hugs! How are you feeling now? I just read about your insomnia and cold! You poor thing:) Your cheap lunch at Costco made me giggle! I miss all of their glorious samples! What kind of summer book club will you be leading. Is this for the kids? Can you post about that sometime? I'm really interested!
Blessings my dear girl!

T@iy@ May 20, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Love your 8 things! (I stole it. Hope that's alright.. :P)