Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful

~*~

Thankful!


I've been preparing to facilitate our next women's 
bible study that will begin in January.
(hence the reason for my absence of visits to you)

Although my women's ministry typically uses the video and workbook
style... for example, a Beth Moore study that is already outlined
and ready to go... I take it a step further. 

When I prepare, I'm reading a lot of additional 
material that can help me understand scripture 
so when it's my 15 minutes to facilitate - I am able to share 
with our ladies a LIFE application of what we are learning
that week, something that they can understand and use TODAY.
To do this I have the NIV bible, 
a bible summarized handbook and a bible dictionary.

I want to share with you something I am so thankful 
to have stumbled upon recently 
and I think that it may be useful to you too!

When your reading scripture, do you get stumped on a particular passage?  
Do you read something over and over and still not 'get it'?
Yep, me too!  I was googling the book of Matthew and in the 
search results I found this...

DVD's made into The Visual Bible!  
Several books of the bible follow the text of scripture through dramatized video!
They are produced very well and use scripture Word for Word!  Lurve it!

Take a look HERE to watch a quick reference.  Enjoy!


~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sweet Cottage Dreams November 13, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

Thank you for sharing about the visual Bible. Ahhh yes, I do get stumped on passages at times. I have two daily devotionals that I read and they really help to give a perspective and a particular verse.

Have a lovely weekend.

Oh, isn't Benefit makeup the best?
LOVE it, too.
Oh, and your eyebrows look fine to me.

xo
becky

steviewren November 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

The visual Bible sounds like a great accompaniment to tradition study. Good luck with your pre-study. I'm sure you feel a great responsibility to all of the woman who will be attending.

Have you ever done a Precept Ministries Bible study? I learned so much about how to read and break apart scripture from them. They have a great How to Study Your Bible handbook. Check it out if you've never heard of it.

http://store.precept.org/p-1256-the-new-how-to-study-your-bible.aspx

R. Quilter November 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

The visual bible seems like it would be great. Especially for those who have a hard time reading!

Miss Jean November 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

I just thought of something! I was just at the Sacramento Women of Faith Conference this past weekend. Please tell me you weren't there!! I would have hated to miss you and we were in the same room. Great time!!!!!!!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? November 15, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

Good luck with your preparations, Janeen! It seems with everything you do, you give it your 1000%! :))

Susan November 15, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

That looks like Alexander Scourby
who is a great actor ,and has a great
Biblical sounding voice!

Elizabeth and Gary November 16, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

I didn't know about the visual bible.I will look into it.
You are very busy girl..but doing what you love makes being busy fun!
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth