Saturday, December 19, 2009

Small, small Group Fun

~*~

Small, small group fun!

Recently we got together with our small group to finish and celebrate our 10 week church campaign on "Whats LOVE got to do with it?". I say small, small because about 15 people weren't able to come due to scheduling conflicts but that is to be expected this time of year. Our group leaders opened their home to enjoy a potluck dinner and games!

I just lurve seeing the variety of ways that people decorate their trees! Kind of like light-looking, I never get tired of it!



We got right down to business starting with a fabulous dinner of Spinach Salad...


a H-U-G-E Lasagna Casserole...



And here's Kim, our Beautiful Hostess who made the lasagna!


Family friends, Beautiful Heidi and Handsome Michael


Heidi and her beautiful daughter


And even the "Little People" joined us!



"Tween People"


After dinner the group showed my Man and I how to play the card game "SPOONS"! Oh my stars, that was hilarious fun! My stomach ached from laughing so much.


While we played cards, Hostess Kim labored hard the day before so the kids could create homemade Sugar Cookies, complete with homemade frosting! Let's go kids!



Bless your heart Kim because I KNOW those tiny little decorations were all over her kitchen floor! ha ha


TA-DA! The finished cookies ready for their photo-op!





For our dessert, I brought my Pumpkin Spice cake that I made at my birthday party last month. Mmmm, it was a hit!


It was a great night of memories and fellowship with our church family!

 
~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock December 19, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Oh, that looks like fun! Wow..the food looks fab...especially that spice cake! ;)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? December 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

I'm the same way about light-looking, Janeen! Just love this time of year! It is walking through a winter wonderland!

Just lovely and everything looks so delicious! Now my stomach is really grumbling! The lasagna and spice cake did it!

And Spoons?! I've never heard of it, Janeen! Is it easy to describe how to play in an e-mail?
I'd love to share it with my mother as she's convalescent!

Thoroughly enjoyed, Janeen!

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful weekend! xo

steviewren December 20, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

The picture of you and your man is great! You can tell that you both had a wonderful time. There is nothing like getting together with friends of like faith...especially at this time of the year.

Rebecca December 23, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

These pictures are great...Small groups really make all the difference- getting to really get to know your church family...The food looks great, too.:)