Saturday, April 4, 2009

Farewell for Oopsy!

~*~
Farewell to Oopsy!
Oopsy is ready to travel the world again and meet new people but before she leaves, we wanted to give her a farewell party!
~*~
Hi to my family back home in Australia! I'm having a great time in sunny California with the kids and Grandma!



Grandma cleaned the pool so we could go swimming too!

Before we left they had a farewell party for me, it was so fun. Wow, can Grandma PARTY! She got out a vintage table cloth and fun party plates too!


The first course was a delicious Blackberry and Ricotta with Cream parfait! Yum, yum!


Then we had Pepperidge Farm Garlic Mozzarella Bread with Marinara Sauce!


I squealed when I saw the Fruit Salad!


OOOOOHHHHH, I love Strawberries!


The main course was Chicken, Cherry and Almond Croissant Sandwiches!


And for dessert, Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes!


Yes, Oopsy had a grand time here and we ENJOYED hosting her so much! When asked what her favorite part of the trip was, she said it was the time spent at Grandma's House!
Well Oopsy is ready to travel again and looking for a new hostess!
So if you would like to have Oopsy visit your house, please let me know in your comment, and I'll do a draw on Tuesday evening to see where her next visit will be. For more info about how all this started visit Caroline's blog

~*~

15 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky April 4, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

At least you fed him well before his trip.

G'day Oppsy! Have a nice flight to Down Under.

MuseSwings April 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

I would love to have Oopsy visit us in Florida! We even have a little playmate for Oopsy who's all alone and sitting on my nightstand - see: http://muse-swings.blogspot.com/2009/02/whats-on-my-nightstand.html

MuseSwings April 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

I was so excited about having such a cute houseguest I forgot to say what a wonderful host family you are! I'd like to come myself! Oopsy got to meet Grandma too! Let me guess is she youm Mom??? hmmmm Naw you don't look a bit alike :-)

ChaChaneen April 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Nope, that's my M-I-L, she is my Husbands Mother. There is a picture of my Mom and Me at my sisters tea below in the posts below.

steviewren April 4, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Mmmm, those chicken, cherry and almond sandwiches sound so good. Would you share the recipe? I love chicken salad of all kinds.

Oopsy looks like he's had a little too much Strawberry Shortcakes. It must have been a rockin par-tay!

the voice of melody April 4, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

You sure know how to throw a party! Everything looked so yummy. :)

If Oopsy doesn't yet have plans for her next trip, I'd love to have her come and visit. What a great way to travel!

Caroline April 5, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Thanks for looking after Oopsy so well. The fruit salad looks divine. I wonder where she will end up next?

ChaChaneen April 5, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Sure Steviewren, I'll email it to you. Here it comes...

Tea Time With Melody April 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Well that looked like fun! We spent the day at the boat afternoon at the boat just relaxing. I would have loved take all that food with me....:)

flmom April 6, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

It looks like Oopsey had a grand time! We'd love to have an Oopsey visit.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? April 6, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

What a send off, Janeen! Absolutely magnifique! Happy trails and wishes to Oopsey! :))

Nana Trish is Living the Dream April 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Oopsy is a cutie! Wow have you go some pretty food going on.If Oopsy would like to visit Atlanta I would be glad to take him around and show him the sites. He may enjoy it. I would love to have the Oops, just let me know!!!!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream April 7, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

If I get picked...does Oopsy require fancy looking food? I am kind of a simple Southern girl. I would be sweet to her and I really don't think she would mind hanging out with the Nana!

Linda April 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

Goodbye! Have a safe trip!! If Oopsy should come here, it would get fried green tomatoes and southern food such as fried catfish and poboys. Blessings

Barbara April 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Fun for Oopsy and how I wouldlove to swim in that pool. Sheer heaven.

That sound like quite a nasty shock with the intruders.