Saturday, February 21, 2009

Drinks and Pinks Tea

~*~


Drinks and Pinks Tea!

I am part of a small group of ladies who faithfully rotate Afternoon Tea throughout the year. I usually do February, July and sometimes one in the fall season. This year I wanted to do a little something different for my theme and decided on... Drinks and Pinks! In addition to Earl Grey, we also enjoyed Pink Champagne! Won't you join us.... Pink attire preferred.





First I have to share with you the steal I got these roses for.... $7.00! Yep, they were on clearance as Valentines Day was over. I'll take a dozen thank you very much!




The lovely Lady Jenifer (I call her Lady because once she wore the most beautiful velvet hat to tea and I swear she looked like royalty) arrived a few minutes early and handed me a tiny box saying that she wanted to share something with all the ladies today. Hmmmm, what could it be?

Oh can I just tell you that it took my breath away when I slowly peeled back the AD-OR-AB-LE teapot paper to reveal gorgeous HANDMADE by JENIFER, sugar cubes! (Squeal!!!!) I know, I know! I LOVE handmade items because I KNOW the labor of love that these things require. I absolutely loved them and so did everyone else. Now I have to tell you that Jenifer is really my sister Melodys' friend FIRST because they became friends over 20 years ago and I got to be friends with her by default. So, yes... you can imagine how much my beautiful sister was coveting my sugar cubes. Jenifer, your on to something here! The perfect hostess gift for a tea party!



My china has never looked so lovely before as it does now with these GORGEOUS sugar cubes!



More guests begin to arrive... here is the newest addition to the tea circle, Alicia and my sister Melody. Alicia is going to be a Mommy this summer and Melody is going to be it's Grandmother! Hmmm, so what does that make me... I think the Great Aunt since my Nephew is the Daddy.
Here is the lovely Victoria who has the most flawless skin ever and her beautiful daughter (who looks like a miniature Cindy Crawford ~ complete with facial mole)!


This is one of my Mother's oldest friends, the beautiful Ann. Sadly my Mother who also rotates being hostess couldn't make it today and she was surely missed.

Please take a moment to make a cup of tea and a enjoy a treat while I put the finishing touches on our lunch.

Here is my place setting. Question for you out there who KNOW their china. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern on my lonely tea cup? My Mother-in-Law got me this cup for my birthday a couple of years ago and all that is on the bottom is YADA CHINA, Made in Japan. I've searched the Internet but can't find the pattern name.


Afternoon Tea is ready, please join us at my table.... Little Cindy Crawford joined us today so I made her a special table setting just for her, complete with party favors and table activities.



And now for the Pink!! Pink Champagne that is... California style!


A toast to friendship and another year of Afternoon Tea!

Oddly enough I forgot to take pictures of my food! I ALWAYS take pictures of the food and today I had quite a spread. You should have seen my tea cart, it was loaded with trays of goodies!


I did remember to take this picture of my plate after I started eating my savories!

Here she is showing me her Bling-Bling ring that she found in her party favors!

Awe, look at the hostess with the most-est! Ann gave me this beautiful rose plate, I just LOVE it!



It was filled with tea bags and a lovely potpourri arrangement!
This CUTE box was filled with stickers and embellishments for my journals/scrapbooks!
Well the party is over now and it was a lovely time. Soft harp and piano music in the background was enjoyed by all. While Alicia and I were looking at my new Victoria magazine that came in the mail, my sweet sister proceeded to quietly clean the dishes. That sneaky girl!
Ahhhh, the house is quiet and the children are already asleep on the couch while 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea plays on the DVD. I think I have my dessert now!
Have a blessed weekend!
~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Marie Reed February 22, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Wow! What a fun post! I fee like I was there too! Your table setting was just gorgeous! You have such beautiful china!

Tea Time With Melody February 22, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Tea was fabulous yesterday. That picture of Ann is great! I had a lot of fun and the food was delicious especially the hot spicy savories. yummmm.

Ginger February 22, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Hi Janeen:
I love tea parties!!! Your table is beautiful and so inviting.
The sugar cubes are really pretty, I wouldn't want to use them, just save them to stare at. lol.
I think the roses are really a bargain at $7. I never find steals like that. I love your rose plate too. Don't know anything about your teacup, except that it is very pretty.
Thanks for sharing such a fun time.
Ginger

twinkle teaches February 22, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

So much fun! I love all the pictures. I really want to have a tea party! Those roses were a steal, pretty,too. I bet they smell wonderful. :) Happy Sunday!
Tina

Sparky February 22, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Wow, you should seriously think about getting into catering! The decorations and everything was so perfectly lovely. Thanks for sharing a fun afternoon with the ladies. ♥ ∞

nanatrish February 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

What a fabulous tea party!!! I would love to have joined in on the fun. You had it fixed so pretty. Wow! You made memories for everyone that day. So many neat things I can't even remember to comment on them all. I wish I wasn't so far away. Tea parties are so much fun!!!!

Lavinia February 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Magnificent. I will berate my mailman next time I see him, for not bringing me your invitation. You *did* remember to send it right??? RIGHT????

Everything looks so classy in these pics. I would have enjoyed the pink champagne, but just one question, what would everyone else have drunk? ha ha ha.

I don't know the name of that china pattern but it sure is purdy....