Saturday, February 7, 2009

As Requested...

~*~


You are all so sweet with your requests of "Please," "I beg you," "I'll be your BFF"...


Here is my recipe for Crock Pot Stroganoff! It's not a secret recipe as I got the original recipe off the Internet years ago and made my own changes to it.

Sorry I don't have a photo for you but if you follow the recipe EXACTLY and DO NOT make any alterations, you will enjoy the best crock pot dinner... ever!


*

Janeen's Crock Pot Stroganoff


2 pounds Flank steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 beef bouillon cubes (I use the powdered version for easy measuring)
2 (10.5-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed *

1 large package of wide egg noodles


*

Cut steak in 1 x 1/2-inch strips. In a zip lock type baggie mix flour, pepper, salt, and garlic to coat the meat. Now place remaining ingredients, except cream cheese, in crock pot and stir. Fold in seasoned/floured meat. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir occasionally.
*

Half hour before serving, boil up a large pot of water and cook your egg noodles so they are ready.

*

This step is important! The last half hour of cooking add the block of cream cheese cubed and stir. Stir again to ensure the cheese is melted just before serving. Serve over the noodles.
Makes 6 generous servings. I serve this with a Caesar Salad and Garlic Bread!

*

Enjoy!

~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky February 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Gosh, my mouth is watering! It sounds delightful for a cold winter's day. I'm going to print this and put it in my special recipe book. Thanks so much BFF!! You're an angel. :o) ♥ ∞

MuseSwings February 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

This sounds perfect for a cold winter night! Think Ill start a blobby recipe book

KARNA February 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

OH BOY... THANK YOU SO MUCH Janeen!!!! Printed it out already...oh man i'll gain 400 lbs LOLOL ty ty ty

Tea Time With Melody February 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Well, you could invite your sister over for dinner one night to share this lovely meal with you. You know me, I must taste it before I make it. LOL Like I loved your Pork Chops Crock-pot meal!!!