Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Invitation Today


~*~


"At present, 58 federal, military, state and city law enforcement and public safety agencies are working together to ensure a safe and smooth event," according to a statement. In bloggyland, we've added a 59th - Cha Cha Security!

However, let the gentlemen do this detail today while the ladies enjoy some much needed girlfriend time! Today I invite you to join my table for an Inauguration Tea Party for the First Ladies of Bloggyland hosted by Muse-Swings!



















I hope you wore elastic today because there is still dessert!





Here is one of the White House's less elaborate dessert recipes:

White House Ginger Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (rounded)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large tablespoon solid shortening
6 teaspoons butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg (or 2 if small)
1/2 cup molasses
Additional sugar, as garnish


Directions:

1. Sift together dry ingredients including spices.
2. Cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
3. Add sugar slowly, then egg and molasses, and beat thoroughly.
4. Stir in dry ingredients all at once.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (the size of a walnut) and roll into sugar spread on waxed paper.
Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets, flatten with fingers, and sprinkle colored sugar on tops of cookies.


Bake at 325 degrees for 7 minutes. Let stand a minute before removing from sheets. Store in airtight container.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!


~*~

15 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

MuseSwings January 20, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

I feel extra secure today as I ever so smoothly fill my plate without dropping a crum or spilling my tea!
I think you are going to have to keep an eye on Blicky Kitty today. You did make him some sardine sandwiches, didn't you???

Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

I am so there!! Stop by my place to see what I'm wearing *smiles*

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? January 20, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

Morning, Chachaneen! Was Martha there to help you? The red, white, and blue decor is absolutely beautiful!
I'm lingering to enjoy your hospitality and mouth-watering cuisine. Oh so delicious! If I can use your treadmill at the end of the day!
Yes, security is tight, but you've got wings on your heels!

dianasfaria.com January 20, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

wow! you certainly went all out! everything looks delicious!

Linda January 20, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVED YOUR POST!! TY for the treats. (ps Cynthia's and Miss Martha's staff were so kind, they served us cucumber sandwiches at 3 am!) Blessings

Linda January 20, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

AND PS..Your sec. detail sure helped us through the Metro! They were wonderful!!! TYVM.

Call Me Cate January 20, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

So festive and yummy! I hope your security force isn't needed today but it's good their out there patrolling, just in case!

Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

What a great buffet! WOOOHOO!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential January 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

This is so lovely and looks delicious! What a wonderful hostess you are!

Sparky January 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

The decor and everything is so STUNNING! You have outdone yourself today Janeen! Glad we didn't have to play security and we'll let the guys take care of it.
I'm not elastic but my britches are. [smile] Thanks for the yummy treats, excellent food and enjoyable company. God bless ya!
Sparky ♥ ∞

MuseSwings January 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

I camre by for another plate of your goodies! I didn't want anyone to see me going back for 5ths at Mt. Vernon. Yum! Your cucumber sandwiches are magnific!

Lavinia January 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Look at you/In the Red White and Blue/Patriotic oh so keen/That is you, our ChaChaNeen!~
oH! More eggs! First at Museys and now over here....yum yum....reminds me I haven't had an egg in a while. Must remedy that...I'd better get crackin! Ha ha.

You've put together a very American, very patriotic inauguration post. I congratulate you! And now I think I'll help myself to some of those goodies.....the finger sandwiches will go fast so I'd better load up my plate while they are still there....

nanatrish January 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

You really put on a big spread of food. Wow! It makes me kind of hungry. Those deviled eggs look fab. BTW, you have such a pretty smile. Go Cha Cha Girl!!

Anonymous January 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Oh look at all that yummy stuff.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere January 22, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Oh, wow! What an elaborate spread you put on! Are there any leftovers? I'm afraid I didn't make it by on inaugural day!