Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time in a Box

~*~


I was trying to think of what to do with the kids this New Years Eve and thought this would be fun! Have a Time Capsule Party! Grown-ups, this can be fun for us too. Gather your friends and family together and ask them to bring something to put in the box and open it at next years party or 5 years from now.
*
YES, A TIME CAPSULE!
*
I got a box that I wrote "To Be Opened in 2013". I'll have the kids decorate it and since they are young in age now, it will be even more fun in 5 years to see their facial expressions of their prior artwork! This year particularly, has a been the year of change so I've gathered different things to put in the box and asked the kids to search their bedrooms for fun things too.
*
So far we've collected family pictures, small toys, I saved several Christmas shopping receipts that show the prices of things from the grocery store and toys purchased, my favorite magazine, a dollar bill (who knows what money will look like in 5 years with the ways things are going), recent school progress reports, a paperback book, my watch that I bought when my daughter was born and broke this year so it has sentimental value, recent world and home town events, I created a questionnaire where we'll all write down our favorite colors, TV shows, music, fashion stuff, favorite food and drink, what they like about school, their friends names, future predictions about what we think life will be like in 5 years and finally a short letter written to both my children from us.
*
Then we'll seal it up and store it in a nearby closet so it isn't lost forever and when 2013 arrives, we'll have a opening ceremony party! Now won't that be fun for the blog! ha ha
~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

I love that idea!

Sparky December 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

That is a WAY COOL idea! You are so brilliant! I am going to suggest this for our party tomorrow evening. It would be fun to open it "X" years from now and see what was 'in' in 2008. Neat!!

Happy New Year pal.
Sparky ♥ ∞

Gill - That British Woman December 31, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

what a great idea.........

A Happy New Year to you and your family,

Gill in Canada

Ginger January 4, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

I think that is the best idea I've heard of for a long time. How fun that will be to open.
Happy New Year.
Ginger
(I came over from your sister's blog to say hi)