Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In need of Elf help!

~*~

As soon as Thanksgiving is over, women begin their Christmas traditions don't they? Thanksgiving is a meal done for 1 day. Christmas on the other hand is a season... a month long season. Would you agree that if it wasn't for the ladies, 90% of holidays wouldn't happen? Yep, me too.
.
With that said, it's time for the annual Christmas cookie baking marathon! Each year, I like to rotate in a new cookie or two, so this year's collection will have 8 varities. If your not doing anything else today and can get out in our wonderful winter weather, I could use some Elf help in the kitchen as my current team only seem to be available for quality control when each new batch comes hot out of the oven.





* And so the cookie marathon begins... *

Magic Bars (aka... 7 Layer Bars) Updated* This one is done and is Ooo so yummy! Sister came by and did quality control on these and said they were a keeper!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Kisses Updated* These came out great, look just like the photo


Russuan Tea Horns (aka... Rugelach)
I add LOTS of powdered sugar on top of mine though
Updated* These are done and....Aaaaaah so heavenly


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Updated* These are now done and taste like brownies - Mmmmm




Butterscotch and Chocolate Chip Updated * Did some crunchy & some soft to please everybody



Iced Sugar Cookies Updated* These are now done and the kids (adults in the house) are eating them up



Egg Nog Cookies Updated* These bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes, they are very light and fluffy, almost flatten out. Hmmm, note to self to add a bit more flour next time.


Snow Balls (aka... Mexican Wedding Cookies) Updated* Done at last and worth the wait... but now I'm whooped tired!




... and if there is time, I'll be making Chocolate Almond Toffee. Updated* Yep, I made this delicious candy too plus Chocolate covered Pretzel Rods and a Classic Cheesecake!

Betty Crocker has left the building and collapsed in bed!


Well like most of us ladies, we'll all be baking and cooking for days. I pray that our backs don't get too sore and that we stop for a spell to enjoy some quiet time putting together a holiday puzzle with our family ~ I haven't met a person who can't resist joining the table for a puzzle ~ and enjoy a pot of tea with your cookies!



~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sparky December 23, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

I'll be happy to help you eat anything with chocolate in it!! [lol] Those pictures look soooo yummy. [drool]
Happy Holidays Y'all!!
Sparky ♥ ∞

Marie Reed December 23, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

Those look GORGEOUS!!! We decorated Christmas pizzas last night with tomatoes and green pepper slices!

Tea Time With Melody December 23, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

I'll be over this afternoon for coffee and some chocolate.

And Sparky, I am sure you won't mind if I eat your portion too??

Clare and Mike December 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Ooh yum!! If only I could reach in and grab some of those wonderful offerings!

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Clare x

MuseSwings December 23, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Mmmm - lovely selections! I'll be by in a bit with a cuppa joe to go with your cookies. I have 4 varieties and chocolate dipped apricots. Merry Christmas Janeen, my dear bloggy buddy!

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Those look great! Merry Christmas!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream December 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Your cookies look fabulous!! I wish I was there to have that cuppa Joe with you and Muse. I pray you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Anonymous December 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

Did I miss something....I was hoping there was a link or a recipe for all those goodies. I especialy would like to try those Russuan Tea Horns (aka... Rugelach)
Do you have your own personal recipe for these and if so are you sharing them?

Very nice to meet you and I will be back
Happy New Year