Thursday, October 14, 2010

Inspired

~*~

Inspired!


This is the movie that started it.
My kids and I lurve it.
Good old fashioned story of family, lurve,
and the County Fair!

My Son said, "Mom, you could do that."
I replied, "Do what Son?"
He said, "Go to the fair and win a ribbon."
I said, "What would I enter to be judged?"
He said, "Your Pig Candy or something else yummy. 
It doesn't matter, it's all good!"

That got me thinking...
and thinking some more...
regardless of the outcome it would be fun, we'd make a memory
and of course I could blog about it! ha ha

So that's why I want these books for my birthday or Christmas...
gotta know who my competition is! 

    

So in the upcoming year,
I will research, go over my own recipe box and decide what to enter in the Baked Goods category in our next local county fair.  If it wins, I can move on to the State Fair level.

Do you go to your county fair or state fair?

~*~

2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

steviewren October 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

When I was growing up, we had a great state fair every year, but by the time my kids were old enough to go the fair wasn't very good anymore. My daughter and her hubby went this year and said there was nothing to it.

I remember going through all of the exhibits where people had entered food or quilts or artwork as well as the livestock. Good luck with your baking endeavors. I say jump right in.

Susan October 15, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

I won a blue ribbon for some jelly
a long time ago ! Reminds me of that
pickle episode on the Andy Griffith show !