Saturday, November 21, 2009

Random for the weekend...

~*~
Random things here...
Looked out my kitchen window today and the view is starting to look like this...

This morning my first cup was a 1/4th of eggnog and 3/4th of coffee... Mmmm...


Speaking of coffee, recently I went to use the LAST $$ on my gift card to buy a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, but...

they didn't bring it back on the menu this year. I gasped! Inside I moaned "But I lurve that and was really looking forward to that." But instead, I said, "Okay.... what other holiday promotions do you have going on now?" and the Barista said, "Creme Brulee Latte!" I gasped again, "I lurve Creme Brulee, I'll try that!"

And then I waited...

and waited...

and waited...

...they forgot about my order in all the busy-ness of the crowd. That has never happened to me there before. A Barista looked at me and I quizingly looked back at her and she said, "Are you still waiting for your drink?" I said, "Yep!"

Then she gasped! She went to the crew shift manager and said something to him and he looked at me... I smiled back... he left... he came back a few minutes later with my Creme Brulee Latte and then.... this is really the climax of my post... he said, "On behalf of all of us, I am so sorry about the delay of your beverage and because you didn't even complain and were so nice about our mistake, here are SEVERAL free coupons for drinks of your choice on future visits."

It was delicious and it was LOADED with extra candy bits of the burnt sugar! I'm SURE the loaded part was a bonus just for me!

~*~

My lovely Mother-in-Law asked us to make our Christmas wish list and here is what I put on it... a silver book for my charm bracelet.

Tomorrow evening we are going to church to be part of a 400 person Thanksgiving dinner. We are bringing a huge tub of Sweet Potatoes! I'm not one for having 400 people for dinner but I made the exception because...


... after dinner my Girl is getting baptized! My hankies and camera are ready.


Today I'll be making my list for Thanksgiving. I'm hosting this year while my sister and I do the cooking.


My To-Do list has many things...
~ Shopping. Most of it is already done. First food item is tradition! And it has to have those can mold rings on it. ha ha

~ Prayer - I have so much to be thankful for


~ Start defrosting the turkey TODAY

~ Because of a furlough day, I have the day off before Thanksgiving so I'll be setting my tables and getting all the dishes out labeled with what will go in it AND I also put the serving utensil in it so I'm not scrambling to find it at the last minute

~ Visiting! Today we'll be doing a Community Outreach project with my small group at church. We are delivering pillows, afghans & blankets, baby stuff, etc. to a women's transitional housing facility, THEN after that we're going to visit Victoria and Michael who were blessed with buying their first home recently and are hosting a Open House. I ALWAYS bring my signature giftie...

A basket filled with~
Bread, that this house may never know hunger
Salt - that life may always have flavor
Wine - that joy and prosperity may reign forever
and I include this same verse on a card with the picture from It's a Wonderful Life.

What random things are you doing?
~*~

12 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

alittlebitofscrap November 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Wow! You are a planner! :)
Love the scenery, it is so pretty there. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. It will be dinner for two here :)

the voice of melody November 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

I laughed so much when I caught that turkey lamp, that's one smart turkey!

Congratulations on your daughter's baptism. What a sweet blessing! :)

Betsy Brock November 22, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

A baptism....that's really special...enjoy the day! So much to be thankful for! Loved the Starbucks story, too! :)

steviewren November 22, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

I love your wonderful weekend before Thanksgiving...there is so much to be thankful for isn't there? Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

Lori November 23, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

Hey Girly, just dropping by to thank you for leaving Thanksgiving wishes on my blog. :) Loved this post. Thank God for your daughter's baptism! How special is that?!?! I wish for you and yours a wonderful time together this Thanksgiving!!! So much to be thankful for, isn't there?? :)

The Brown Recluse (TBR) November 23, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Hello there! I am blog hopping before starting work and found yours. Love it! What a wonderful thing, you daughter being baptized...I'm sure the tissues will be needed.
Happy Thanksgiving!
~Margaret

PS: How did you get the link "# Cha Cha bloggers left a comment" on your comment section? That's pretty cool!

Rebecca November 23, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

First off, I am rejoicing at the baptism of your daughter..How wonderful!

I am lagging behind with the planning. Sunday after church I had to hang artwork for a library exhibit..We did manage to go to an Operation Christmas Child packing party on Sat. and that was a wonderful experience for me and my son. Our daughter was sick and stayed home with dad...

I did put the turkey in the refrigerator to thaw so that's one thing taken care of..I'll be cleaning my Meakin creamware and Johnson Brother's Harvest Time dishes for us to use...

Lovely post here...

Anonymous November 24, 2009 at 4:03 AM  

Cha,
I followed your comment on Rebecca's blog. What a beautiful post you have here Seems you enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Great pictures here. I hope you and yours do have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
The Bach

Cassandra Frear November 24, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Wow. A Lot seems to be happening here!

My life is about to get very busy. In fact, I should be working right now instead of reading your blog. Ahem.

In spite of that, I want you to know that I love putting eggnog in my coffee and after seeing your picture of eggnog brew, I am going to waste some more time going to the store and buying the eggnog for it.

Rebecca November 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

I left you a note on my blog but wanted to stop over here again to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving as well..I'd imagine your menu will be spectacular:-)...

Sparky November 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Looks like your Thanksgiving's gonna be super, as I knew it would be. Your view is spectacular! Wow. Thank for sharing all the pretty pictures.

Hope y'all have a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving. God bless to you and yours pal. :) xx

nanatrish November 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Loved the whole Starbucks adventure! I'm so happy you got some free drinks. This was a great post with many happy events coming up. Have a wonderful meal and I know you are so proud of your daughter. I'm happy to be back checking on everyone. Love ya girl