Saturday, June 13, 2009

Well ain't that something!

~*~

My Beautiful Mother-in-Law who sent me this video (ya 'all are cracking me up so I'm going to clarify this here that the woman in the video is NOT my M-I-L. The woman is the actress from Gilligan's Island - Marianne) just shared this EASY way to peel a COOKED potato when making potato salad! Check out this 2 minute video here!
Wow, you learn something new everyday! I lurve it ~ What do you think?
UPDATE: I tried it and it works! We had bangers and mash Monday night - so easy now!

~*~

14 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Marie Reed June 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Whoa Nelie! First off Maryanne looks great! Second.. I will never peel a potato again! This is amazing! I wonder why more people don't know about this.. It's a plot from the potato peeler industry!!! Ahhhhh!

ChaChaneen June 13, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Marie you are sooo funny! ha ha ha She does look great, I agree!

steviewren June 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

I hate potato peelers! I watched the video, but since my speakers aren't working I hope I didn't miss anything important. My daughter is making potato salad for tomorrow. Mmmmmmm. Was that Maryanne from Gilligan's Island?????

Sparky June 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Groovy! I've learned something new! I'll never peel a potato again. Thanks pal. :o)) xx
PS: Are you at FaceBook yet? Join up and join the fun. Be sure to 'friend' me if you do. xx

T@iy@ June 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Well, that is just worth trying! I just use a knife... but that would save some of the potato that I waste, because I am not always uber careful.

twinkle teaches June 15, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Hey, that's cool!! I never knew that, either. :)
tina

Lavinia June 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Wow, what an amazing display of potato skin shedding. I have to say I do something a bit similar. I 'score' the potato after its been boiled, cut it in quarters and peel the peel away. But I have never done the ice cube thing. My boiled potatoes are usually going straight into mash so I like to keep 'em hot (melts the butter easier!).

So, your mother in law is Marian!?!?!? That is amazing.....NOW YOU MUST TELL US ALL ABOUT THE PROFESSOR! YES HE WAS HUNKY and his total indifference to all things romantic just made us all that much more crazier about him, yes????!!!

Marie Reed June 16, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

I tried it and it WORKS!!! Wow!

Marie Reed June 16, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

Not that I though that Maryanne would lie to us or anything...:)

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie June 18, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

Well!!! Jan this is just way to kool.I am going to do this for supper.Love ,Love it. Thank for sg=haring this.XXOO Marie Antionette

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? June 18, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

hahaha, thanks to your post, Janeen, my potatoes will never be peeled any other way again! Got sidetracked and watched the next YouTube video (Elizabeth Hurley's bathing suit collection which caused me to think about my vacation and how I need to lose a few pounds). Please be sure to tell your Mother-in-Law that she's gotten more beautiful with age! I love her perky personality too! Thank you for sharing, dahling! :))

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? June 18, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

LOL Janeen! Yes, I knew it was Marianne from Gilligan's Island, but wanted to go with the flow! ;)

Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend! :))

the voice of melody June 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

That looks pretty good! What a time-saver, that's for sure. Thanks so much for sharing her tip, I'll just have to try it next time. {hugs}

alittlebitofscrap June 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Hilarious!