Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!


HAPPY NEW YEAR! Guess what my Santa Sister Elaine brought me? A DIGITAL CAMERA WITH THE DOCKING PRINTER STATION!!! I am so over the moon, I just keep staring at the box in amazement! I still can't believe it! Now I can do my own photo's instead of searching for free pics in the world! Give me a few days to figure it out and I'll post with it! And oh yes, today is my last day of vacation, bummer. Well at least I'll only have to work 3 days this week, ease slowly back into it! It's been lovely though, can't complain a bit. Today, hmmm well actually in 20 minutes I have to get my butt to the nail store for a fill, so I better get moving! ha ha But before I go.... we all went to bed early last night but I stayed awake making my other sister, Melody, birthday tea party favors for later this month. We always joke that we came from royal descent so her theme for her 45th birthday is "Queen for a Day". The invitations were by royal decree and I invited her friends to come dressed in their royal attire - that should be a hoot! I can't wait to see what they come up with. I don't even know what I'll come up with? ha ha I watched all the action on TV for San Francisco and New York and while all that was going on, my neighborhood had their own illegal fireworks! Beautiful to look at but stupid stupid stupid, so not safe!

Did you know? Did you know this song originated from the Scots!? No wonder I couldn't understand the lyrics as a child. But don't be left out of the fun, here are the words of The English Version

Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot, and auld lang syne?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.


And surely you’ll buy your pint cup! And surely I’ll buy mine! And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

CHORUS


We two have run about the slopes, and picked the daisies fine; But we’ve wandered many a weary foot, since auld lang syne.

CHORUS


We two have paddled in the stream, from morning sun till dine; But seas between us broad have roared since auld lang syne.

CHORUS


And there’s a hand my trusty friend! And give us a hand o’ thine! And we’ll take a right good-will draught, for auld lang syne.

0 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment: