Saturday, January 5, 2008

Calgon take me away!

My little girl is sick and I mean SICK! At 1:00am she woke up to diarrhea and vomitting every 15 minutes but we didn't know how often it was until we were in the throws of it all. At the third stripping of the bed, I pulled out the crib mattress that I had saved years ago and set her up in the bathroom to save time, her bed and the carpet! It actually worked out well because it was quick to clean her up if needed and everything was at my fingertips. My husband must have done 3 loads of soiled laundry between 1 AM and 4 AM. By 5am I fell back to sleep to be awoken again at 7am - poor thing, she had the dry heaves! Ugh - you just hate to see your babies sick no matter what age they get. Thankfully though her spirits are good and she has kept chicken broth down for most of the day and 6 saltine crackers because she said she was hungry - Yahoo! Fever came for the first time about 2 hours ago but it remains low.

It has been pouring rain here and to top it off, our roof is leaking! Yea, found that out during the trips to my daughters room while she was getting sick. When it rains it pours as the saying goes~ but praise GOD, a GREAT roofing company friend of ours came out and said that when the rain breaks on Monday, they will be able to dry patch it.

So to heck with my diet, the diet is over, it's got to be lifestyle change right?! Well the lifestyle can change tomorrow! So tonight for dinner we are having comfort food and one of my all time favorites! It's called Colcannon - we first saw the recipe done on Food Network's Tyler's Ultimate Potato dish and at first I wasn't impressed because of the cabbage but I am game to try anything at least once and boy are we glad because now it is a winter favorite a couple of times a year! Check it out and enjoy!

0 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment: