Sunday, January 27, 2008

Zzzzzz Good morning

Greetings! I've been awake for 2 hours already because my boy is sick AGAIN. Poor boy of mine. He says his stomach hurts but other than loss of appetite and a little bit of a fever, there are no other symptoms. Thank God for that! He spent the day playing hard and having fun and then dinner time rolled around and he wasn't hungry and didn't want a treat. Yeah you know my kids are sick when they don't want a treat! This winter has been so hard on people in general this year. They have barely recovered from one illness and then another one rolls in. I'll be pumping up the vitamin C today.

Yesterday was a lovely day though spent with family and friends! Our children's Godparents came over to spend time with the kids while we had a dinner celebration for my husband. They are so wonderful! My girlfriend and her hubby arrived with a package of homemade cookies for my hubby! His very own batch of milk and white Chocolate chip cookies and her Italian chef (at least to us we think he is!) of a hubby, made me something too! I came home to my very own platter of creamy polenta! Yes, I am spoiled! I know! Go ahead say it, you wish you had some too. I think today I'll fry up some squares of it and cook it in a little olive oil and garlic. Mmmmm Or maybe heat some up with creamy melted cheese to go with my veal shank and gravy left overs from dinner? Either way I am a winner! Any other ideas? I'd love to hear about what you may have to serve it up!

Well tonight is the 3rd installment of the Jane Austen series on Masterpiece theatre and from the commercials I think this will be my least favorite. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy all the movies but it is really hard for any of these 90 minute adaptions to really capture the novels. A knowledgeable Jane fan can easily see the gaps of missed chapters and plots in the movies, yet someone who has never read Mansfield Park or the other novels would not even be aware of the omissions after viewing the films. But what struck me with this one is the actress who plays Fanny. She just looks tooooo modern in her looks (hair) and her strong jaw line/facial features take away from the image I have in MY mind of the character. Definitely a miscast for the leading actress in this particular story. But there's always a happy ending so let's hope this movie will be no different and make it worth while. Here is a teaser video for you!

0 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment: