Friday, December 5, 2008

Thankful still...

~*~
Thankful still...

... to be employed!

I returned from the Thanksgiving Holiday vacation to learn that we're experiencing BIG TIME reductions in staff at my job and for many, their last day is Dec 31. It's hard to see your co-workers be given notice. You spend so much time together, your work environment is like your second family. Sad times around here... as a result I haven't been on the blog nor been able to visit my blogging friends for awhile, so I'll be catching up on all my visits this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing what is new with you all! See you soon!

~*~


5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Tea Time With Melody December 5, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Oh my goodness. That is too bad. Makes going to work hard knowing people will be leaving I'm sure. :(

MuseSwings December 5, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Good to hear you still employed! That's quite a feat these days. After litstening to the news tonight it sounds like thirteen out of every 6 people are losing their jobs this month.
Thanks for stopping by today - it's good to have you back. :-)

Miss Jean December 5, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

This is such a scary time. I don't think there is anyone it hasn't affected. We just got back from a church program and were reminded where we should put our trust. I needed to hear that. I'm sorry you're friends and co-workers will be losing their jobs and I pray you will be able to keep yours.

Sparky December 6, 2008 at 5:49 AM  

Glad you're back! We all missed ya! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :o) And very, VERY glad you're still employed! That's a rarity now. This economy is getting scary. ♥ ∞

nanatrish December 7, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

I'm so sorry about your friends. I'm glad you are back in the saddle. Please go over to my blog and pick up your special award. I always enjoy your posts. luv ya, Trish