Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Spirit Award!

~*~
The Top 5 Reasons I Love Christmas!

My sister Melody gave me this super award! The Christmas Spirit Award. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Melody and I enjoy Afternoon and High Tea experiences, and I do mean experiences, so if you've never met my sister, I invite you to go on over and enjoy her blog... she is a funny gal!

So, 5 things I love about Christmas...

1. Each year I spend an entire day in the kitchen, emerging with 4th day hair after baking cookies, candy & other treats as these are the most requested items I'm asked to bring to parties and family gatherings. And seriously, I had the baking anointing this year!

2. Learning about a new Christmas themed devotional and when it involves candy, I love it even more. This was this years devotional... here.

3. I love the music and movies~ so many things to say but I'll just leave it at that!

4. I love to go light-looking at houses! This year we went about 15 different times and got our route picked out for the evenings just before Christmas. We search the newspapers and Internet to learn of new places to go! Beginning at Starbucks for the $1 kids cocoa and then our drive through the magical transformation that takes place in our town.

5. I love receiving the annual Christmas cards/letters! I love the photos of family/friends and how they share their page long stories of their lives this past year. I am terrible at sending out cards myself so that's probably why I appreciate receiving them because I know how much time and money these days is spent on postage to send them.

****And now to keep with the theme of 5, I pass on this award to the following blogs:

1. A Year Of CrockPotting

2. Warm Pie, Happy Home

3. My Thoughts Exactly

4. Muse-Swings

5. Friendship Tea

I hope you all had a wonderful week! What greater cause for celebration could we have?

~*~


6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream December 27, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

I enjoyed visiting the folks you tagged too. I love your list. Christmas is such a great time. I love your posts all through the year and pray you have a wonderful 2009.

MuseSwings December 27, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Janeen! A Christmas Spirit Award! Congratulations and thank you! I'll post my fives tomorrow. Christmas in bloggyland is so much fun!

Anonymous December 27, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Congrats!

Sparky December 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Oh Janeen! Congratulations my ChaCha friend. And thank you so very much for the award to my camp! We have many of the same likes about the holiday season. I'll post mine later as we are a teeny bit busy and I want to dedicate my full attention to the answers.
Thanks again! You are an angel.
Sparky ♥ ∞

Gill - That British Woman December 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

that's a lovely list, congrats on receiving the award........

Gill in Canada

KARNA December 29, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

oh i wish i had that video i could do it in half time or somethin!!! I love Dancing with the Stars and boy do those non-professional dancers shake it off during the season!!! I need to learn the paso doble for sure!!! Now to get a cape for my pal! LOL :)

and YAY on your new award!!!! you DO have the spirit!