Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Reflections

~*~

I want to wish you all Merry Christmas, and also to report that I may have to spend the rest of my life on my couch. I have eaten approximately 50 pounds of food in the last four days, and I've warned my hubby that he may just have to roll me to places for the rest of my life.

Although I do think parents should get a pass for eating the Santa cookies on Christmas Eve. I did NOT eat them because they were delicious and chocolatey and soft, I ate them because my children expected it. It was good parenting, purely--one of many, many sacrifices a mother must make. It is not a sacrifice for a father to
make because this mother got to the cookies first. hee hee


It's Christmas again and we stop to remember and reflect on the purpose behind today — that God came to earth as an infant child to save us all from our imminent destruction. It's a day of rejoicing for us, but I wonder what our Creator was going through. He gave up His throne in all its splendor glory to come down to this wretched sinful place as a helpless baby, born among the animals. He KNEW that after 33 years of hard labour and persecution that He would be nailed to a cross by the very people He came to save, and yet, He came anyway. Isn't that amazing?! Isn't that the ultimate show of love and grace?! Regardless of how others may deny Christ and the true meaning of the day, it does not change the fact of His existence and His abundant love and mercy for us. Let's put aside our presents and selfish pleasures and bow before the throne of the Almighty, giving Him the best gift we can give — our lives.

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Tea Time With Melody December 26, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

I have a gift for you at my place....:)

KARNA December 26, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

You were doing your parental duties indeed eating those cookies! Good Job! The calories don't count.

Beautiful blog and great reminder of the greatest gift ever! :)

Sparky December 27, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

I am still wallerin' around on the recliner sofa myself. There's just soooo much delicious food and sweets ... :o) I'm glad this only happens once a year. [lol]

Sparky ♥ ∞

Gill - That British Woman December 28, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

I am like you waddling around, with jogging pants on with elasticated waist, as I have so over eaten again this year!!!!

We are blessed though that we were fortunate enough to have plenty to eat......

GIll in Canada