Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday things....

~*~

How I spent my Sunday!


Woke up to discover the coffee pot didn't get washed out from the day before. So while it was drying I looked DEEP into the cupboard and found....


Espresso coffee! Yahoo! I just happened to have some Egg Nog on hand, so we diluted it with milk and added the espresso and voila ~ Egg Nog Latte! Delicious!





Then we went to church and heard a great message...

In Matthew chapter 2, King Herod was like the Grinch who stole Christmas because King Herod wanted to kill the newborn KING, Jesus. It was very relate able and easy to understand! Loved it!

Then we stopped at the Hair-Cut Store, as the kids like to call it... to get some trim work done.




After that we stopped at a new market and perused the aisles! We are definitely going back because we loaded up on fruit, veggies and a treat for $11.00! My heart sang when I saw Artichokes for .69 cents a piece! We haven't had those in over a year! Christmas came early to our house! Then we saw Fuji apples for .79 cents a pound - loaded up on those! They had everything, grapes, oranges, 5 different types of bananas, every kind of lettuce available probably.



Then came home to defrost ourselves because the market was SO COLD! I put on a pot of tea and we enjoyed that with our treat!



Then My Man finished putting up the last string of lights on the house!





Free time! Let's play some games like Slap - Jack!



B-I-N-G-O !!



Then it was time for dinner! Hmmm, what to make? Hamburger Helper with my extraordinary purchase of the day.... (wait for it..)



ARTICHOKES!!!!!



Finally, I talked on the phone to my Mother-in-Law and caught each other up on the family!



I hope you all had a lovely weekend too!

~*~


4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

MuseSwings December 8, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

I love it! Thanks for sharing your day! I had a difficult time reading past the price of artichokes though. They are SO expensive I can choose between them and diamonds. Love your bonk picture. Bwahahaha!

Sparky December 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

What a nice day! Thanks for sharing. We heard a good sermon too. And enjoyed the brief company of new friends. ♥ ∞

KARNA December 9, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Artichokoes have to be my fav veggie ever! Great price; great shopping and is that really your treat tea table for real?

ChaChaneen December 11, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

No it's not my tea table pictured in the post today although the tea set in my banner is!