Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blogger news


Did you all read the latest news about our blogger comments? I confess I usually don't read the Daily Buzz but this one caught my attention! And it's a good change too that makes it very easy to leave comments now. Once you get the hang of it, I think you'll love it too! Go ahead and try it below!


Here is the news...


Blogger is bringing the embedded comment form out of Blogger in draft and making it easily available to everyone. This feature puts the comment form at the bottom of each post page, below the comments, instead of on the separate, Blogger-styled page!


The embedded comment form is more convenient for your readers because they can use it to post a comment immediately, without clicking over to a different page. It also looks better, since it matches your blog’s style and colors.


To enable the embedded comment form for your blog, go to the Settings Tab.


Choose Comments page and look for the Comment Form Placement setting.


Change it to Embedded below post, save your settings, and go check out a post to see the new form in action.


The embedded comment form works on both Classic and Layouts templates, though if you’re using a heavily-customized Layouts template you may need to reset your widget templates before the embedded comment form will appear.


We think that the embedded comment form is a big improvement, so we’ve made it the default setting for all new blogs. Happy commenting!


There you go!

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

ChaChaneen October 25, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

See how easy it is! Most of us have Google accounts with Blogspot anyway, so once you sign in, it does the work for you! I hated typing in those crazy confirm details anyway!

Sparky October 25, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Way cool!! I just made that change too. I hope it makes it more convenient for my lovely BFF's to leave comments. TTFN Pal ♥ ∞

Tea Time With Melody October 25, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Wonderful!. Wanna show me how to do it too????? Actually you can do it for me. One of the rules in the Big Sister Handbook says you must do as I say.....hehehe

MuseSwings October 26, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

I did it! Thanks for mentioning this new enhancement!

Gill - That British Woman October 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

thanks for telling me this, as I never read those messages!!! I know I am hopeless.

Great blog,

Gill in Canada

Lavinia October 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Interesting but its' all a little beyond my technical capabilities....

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

i'm printing out those directions lest i lose my non-techie way LOL..thanks janeen...always ahead of the game tehre! :) K