Friday, February 11, 2011

Wii Fun!

~*~
For Christmas we got 1 gift, 
or should I say the FAMILY got 1 gift.
That's it.  
Nothing else.  
Well... perhaps the stockings were filled.
The only thing under the tree was a Wii game system!

You see, years ago we decided that since baby Jesus got 3 gifts from the Wise Men, that we too would exchange the same... just 3 gifts.  It's worked out to be a wonderful thing because the kids REALLY think about their requests of what they would like to receive. This year though, they asked for a Wii.  Knowing that it would be big bucks, they said that Wii would be enough.  A week before Christmas I found a set of attachments for $12... sweet!

Can I just tell you how much FUN Wii has been?
F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!




Relatives knew we were getting it so we were bestowed with gift cards to buy games.  Great idea people!


I recently bought two games of my choosing.  Unfortunately they don't have Jane Austen or Afternoon Tea (hee hee) related games so I got...

Michael Jackson, The Experience
My favorite dance is of course "Thriller" cause I burn about 1,000 calories each time!  The idea is to copy the choreography of Michael or the back-up dancers exactly as you see them. The better you do, the more points you get.  If you do the timing exactly right, you even get Gold Glove perfection points.  By accident I found that out because I'm really not that good.  Seriously... you would probably bust your gut laughing.

My sister Melody on the other hand is... 
the Dancing Queen!

The other game is Wheel of Fortune
which has surprisingly turned out to be the kids favorite because it involves spelling!  It's just like the TV game where you "win" trips to Aruba and other fabulous prizes while Vanna turns the letters. We have even taken the game to my Mother-In-Law's to play as it's easy to set up and move from TV to TV! 


It's been a perfect activity to do in the winter when it's raining or just down right chilly outside!

Do you Wii?  What's your favorite game?
~*~

5 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

steviewren February 12, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

My kids have game systems, but I have none. I'm terrible at anything they have including Rock Band. The Wheel of Fortune game sounds just my speed though. I think I would really like that one. The Michael Jackson one would be one I would only do when alone...I'm a terrible dancer!

Your sister is really pretty. Why was she all dressed up?

ChaChaneen February 12, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

I gave her 45th birthday party and the theme was that she was "Queen For A Day" because we always joke that our reign only extends to the end of our driveway. Ha Ha. She dressed the part too !  You can see all the pics from her party on my blog in January 2008 - Melody is queen for a day. 

KARNA February 12, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

I played Wii bowling with a 9 year old and beat him! He didn't like that but later told me that he learned a few moves from me!! LOL

Elizabeth and Gary February 16, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

How fun! my daughter bought the Wii for our Grandson he loves it! they play it together as a family..They have the Michal Jackson The Experience too and "Ty" dances to it all the time, he's are "Tiny Dancer" LOL and only 5.5 years old.
I should try it sometime, I haven't yet..
My sister is our " 70's Dancing Queen" LOL....
Sisters are great aren't they!

Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

Ann February 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

My television only plays ABC News-WII, or NBCNews-WII.
I remember the dress!! and the party!!