Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Jolt of Reality

~*~

A Jolt of Reality


Last week I got the phone call everyone dreads to receive...
A loved one is in the hospital.
My Brother was "in the hospital and not responding, get there as soon as you can..."

Upon my arrival, he had woken up and was talking - Hallelujah! 
They were letting us in two at a time to see him, so my sister and I went in together.
His first words to us... "Well you're pretty."  ha ha
Having just come from fishing with my family, I smelled of catfish and sweat,
my hair looked like I had seen a vision and my skin was pretty pale...
 I assured the family there wasn't anything wrong with him, 
he was completely fine... ha ha

But all joking aside, he is not completely fine... 
By the grace of God he survived what should have given him his heavenly promotion...
He happily got to come home yesterday and is recovering with family 
but he's not out of the woods yet.

As we enter into my favorite season - Fall - I'm looking through my cookbooks 
to see how I can adapt some of my favorite recipes 
to accommodate Type 2 Diabetes at family gatherings.
And ya know what, it won't be that difficult after all!

I would appreciate healing prayers for my Brother and any delicious food
recipes you may have for those with Diabetes.  THANK YOU!

~*~


6 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock September 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Oh, I'm so sorry..what a scare! Glad he's home now. Tell him to take care of himself!

R. Quilter September 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Praise God your brother made it! As you know my dad is type 1 diabetic. Give me call if you have time about the recipes. Avoid white rice.

KARNA September 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Will be praying for your brother;so happy for you all that he is home and has a sister lookin out for him! xoxox

steviewren September 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

I'm so happy to hear that your brother is recovering from his health scare. Tell him he has to take care of himself!!!! He is in my prayers.

Elizabeth and Gary September 14, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

Hi ChaCha,
My goodness I know first hand how scary diabetes can be.My Dad has it. I will keep your brother in my prayers..
I saw that you will be at the Blog Fest..Me too! How fun...I can't wait to meet you!
Have the sweetest of days,
Big hugs, Elizabeth
PS.I just became a follower :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? September 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

My prayers are with you and your family, Janeen! My parents too are both diabetic. I get quite a few recipes from DLife's newsletter (DLife.com). It has the best recipes and tips on dealing with diabetes.

I've been meaning to make my rounds sooner, Janeen. Before Nikki went to college, her father had a seizure due to a growth on the membrane of his brain. He needed surgery and is now home being looked after by his and our family. So this summer has been pretty helatioius.

Again, my prayers are with you, Jsneen! Miss you! Love, Petra xo