Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little show...

~*~

The kids and their friends asked if they could put on 
"A little show..." for their parents recently and my kids asked if we could host it.
I asked what they had in mind for their "Little show..." 
and they said...
"Ya know... we do our show and then we have refreshments afterwards!"
I replied...
"What kind of refreshments do you have in mind?"
and they said...
"Ya know... like your tea stuff!"  

(ha ha)  Hard to say no to that, so the kids decorated the stage area 
and I got to work on the refreshments...
*
Presenting "A Little show..."


Act 1: "Hula in the Sea"








Act 2: A Duet singing the theme song from a Disney show
(notice the costume change.. tee hee)




Act 3: Singing Solo to another Disney tune


The End!  
And with a loud applause, the parents rocked the neighborhood!


Next it was time for the Refreshments...






I have to say it was darn cute to see the fruit of the kids labor after they had worked for over a week putting together their "Little show...".  The experience also showed me that my kids are learning how to entertain through what they have seen me do as they surveyed the table a few times and told me what was needed.  ha ha

~*~

7 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

steviewren September 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Love it!!! The kids on the block I grew up on did the same thing almost every summer. The stage was in one of the more level backyards. The curtains were sheets strung over the clothes line. Everyone performed and one of the mom's made cookies and popcorn. Every family was invited.

Betsy Brock September 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

Well now, how could you have possibly said no to those sweet faces! Looks like it was really fun!

R. Quilter September 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

We used to put on roller skating shows for our parents. Looks like you had a great time!

Miss Jean September 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

How adorable! It reminded me of my childhood. We had a big farmhouse and there were french doors into a parlor. My two sisters and I would use the parlor as our "stage" and the french doors as our curtain. We'd sing, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" for my folks during the holidays. Oh, the memories.

Sweet Bee Cottage September 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Cute! My daughter and her cousins and friends are entertainers too. Such fun memories they will have.

Kitty Cheng September 4, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

That's really lovely! I saw the musical of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe last night where the children were sooo cute! Kids nowadays are soooo talented! :)

Dawn September 7, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

What great entertainers! I remember trying to do the whole Peter Pan play with my cousins when I was young. I don't think it turned out so well and I know we didn't get a tea party afterward!