Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Well my birthday was really enjoyable. Slept in until the kids would let me, then finished my daughters Science project and then off to the Tea Room for a lovely lunch. My son even wore a Pirate Hat so that he would be included in the tradition of wearing hats, however I don't wear hats, they look terrible on me. ha ha They looked adorable though. My husband even enjoys going to Tea because it says the atmosphere is relaxing and the food - yummy. That evening we went to Barnes and Noble bookstore and I got to preview all the holiday books that arriving. And I bought a beautiful book - Under The Tree by Susan Waggoner. Wow, look at me I figured out how to put a picture in my blog... ha ha ha Look out folks, I'm learning. Most of the content is before my time but that is why I like it. I love the images and the stories behind them. Toys my parents likely had. I'm going to show it to them today when they come over as I am hosting this year. After the bookstore, we headed over to my Mother-in-law's for dinner where she made my requested Garlic Bread and... authentic Italian spaghetti and meat sauce! Her 90 year old mother joined us and make the BEST green salad ever... that precious woman spares no expense and puts everything you'd want in a salad, delicious! Well I had better get going, have to start the days preparations but I have to go tickle my kids first and wish them a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. And to all my new friends, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

2 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Sophie Honeysuckle November 24, 2007 at 7:43 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to blogging-I'm so pleased you started your own blog!x

blessings November 24, 2007 at 8:04 AM  

I'm so glad you were able to relax and enjoy your day! That book looks like a good one. Blessings... Polly