Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm craving for breakfast

~*~


~ Eggs Benedict ~

I lurve this! I want it for breakfast... whimper... sigh... but I can't because I don't have all the ingredients at the moment.  I make the hollandaise sauce from scratch using the Better Homes New Cook Book recipe and the lemon juice really makes it pop with flavor!
(it's worth the time and effort)



Speaking of lemons... my M-I-L recently shared a recipe for Lemon Bread Pudding (I won't use raisins though) with a creamy whipped topping/sauce that I am going to make for our upcoming Easter gathering.  Sounds good and it's something different for a change!


What is your favorite breakfast dish?
~*~

3 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock March 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

I like any breakfast food...really. Yum. I've never made eggs benedict, but always order it if I'm out for breakfast...it's a favorite for sure! I'll have to try yours!

Anonymous March 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

This looks delicious! I like scrambled eggs with cheese made by my darling husband : )

Rebecca March 22, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Yum !Yum!!! Next to omelette's, eggs benedict would have to be my fave breakfast dish:)....