Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Had a memory today...

~*~

Please pause my playlist music at the bottom to watch this very short video for a trip down memory lane!

We were listening to a oldies music station during dinner tonight and the theme song "Harper Valley PTA" came on and oooooh the memories of my childhood came a flooding back.  It's 1978 and this movie was all the rage at the theater!  That's when a movie stayed at a theatre for months, not a few weeks like now.  It was such a hit I remember it also had a television series run for awhile.  I didn't quite understand the movie THEN, but I certainly do NOW.  

  I'm growing out my hair because I had recently gotten the MOST hideous hair cut EV-AH at the salon because my Mom couldn't stand to hear me whine while trying to get the knots out of my L-O-N-G hair anymore.  My best friend, Lucille, goes to private school while I attend public and I can't wait for her to get home so we can ride our bikes!  My favorite subject is Art and I'm reading Judy Bloom books!  

Enjoy the short video with the theme song...





Synopsis ~ Stella Johnson is a single mother living in the town of Harper Valley. Now most of people, particularly on PTA board think that she is a little too liberal for them. So they are making things tough for her and her daughter. She then decides to get back at them by pulling all sorts of pranks on them. She also decides to run for the position of PTA President, which infuriates them.

~*~

4 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock March 24, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

Oh my....I hadn't thought of Harper Valley in years and years! ha!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie March 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

The town I live in is a perfect Harper Vally...LOL
XXOO Marie Antionette

steviewren March 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

I don't think I ever saw the movie, but I can sing the song. In 1978 I had a 4 and a 2 year old. I call those the lost years because I don't remember hardly anything about music or movies during that time.

R. Quilter March 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Now that I have the song in my head I can't get it out. I loved that movie. It was a great trip down memory lane.