Monday, March 15, 2010

Got a hanky?

~*~


Got a hanky?  
I need one because I've got a C-O-L-D!
I usually have a few around the house but I've already gone through them all today and I don't feel like starting a load of laundry just to have another round of blowing my nose into them.  Ugh ~ I might have to break down though.  

Once a year I usually buy a HUGE lot (hence 100 count) from my regular Ebay hanky seller since I'm also known as the "Hanky Lady" among my friends.  Yes, it's true, yet another of my alias names.  Not only are they pretty, but they are a great way to meet a new friend in church or at a party with lots of laughter or similar setting when you see someone all teared up.  I always tell them it's theirs to keep... for the next time.  Often, later I've been approached by a lady who said, "You're the one who gave me a hanky...".   

On day while I was interviewing a person, the individual was sneezing up a storm so I offered my clean hanky from my jean pocket.  The person looked at me with a strange stare and I offered it again.  The individual said, "Oh I'm sorry, I just didn't think people used them anymore... last time I saw one used was with my Grandma."  I told them I was bringing Hanky's back! ha ha  Then the next statement made me laugh until I cried... "Well my Grandma never pulled her hanky out of rhinestone covered blue jeans before!" ha ha

Do you use Hankies or Tissues?

~*~

9 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

Betsy Brock March 16, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

bringing hankies back...LOL! You are just TOO cute!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) March 16, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

I love it! I think I'll invest in a few hankies myself, and pass them out here and there. I've never owned one, as far as I remember.
However, I'll probably stick to tissues for colds.
~M

Sparky March 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

I haven't used a hanky in literally years. I prefer the disposable kind. Not as cute but more sanitary.

Hope you get well soon! I use Cold-Eeze Zinc Throat Lozenges and it knocks that bad boy right outta my body in 3 days. Sending prayers your way my friend. :)

steviewren March 16, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

I love hankies. I have a small collection...a few were my grandmothers and I think my mother gave me a couple more. I used to carry one in my purse all the time. They are like little fabric artworks....but I use kleenex most of the time....when you have a cold you use them so fast. Feel better soon!

Rebecca March 17, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Hope you feel better, soon...

I love vintage hankies:)

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

R. Quilter March 17, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

I think I remember you husband used to carry a white "man" hankie.

ChaChaneen March 17, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Quilter.. Your right and he still does! Lol

thank you everyone for the blessings on me to get over this cold! Medicine is helping decrease the symptoms.

Miss Jean March 18, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

I use tissues. But I think I'll "bring my hanky back!" Hey, that sounds like a song!!!

Teresa's New Life March 20, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

What a sweet blog story. I always use cloth napkins, but it never occured to me to use cloth hankies and to purchase in bulk to share as needed. What a kind & thoughtful gesture. Thank you for sharing about it. I'll have to consider this from now on.