Friday, January 25, 2008

Whom am I?

Sorry for the long delay since my last post, it's been a busy week here and I'm grateful that Friday night has arrived! It's raining, actually pouring rain here in Northern California at the moment. But I do not mind it at all, I love this season too. My sweet friend, Erin, wrote me the most witty victorian phrased Thank You note from the birthday tea on beautiful handmade paper/stationary and sealed it with her signature wax on the envelope! I loved it!



Well all week long I have been studying online victorian dictionaries and let me tell you, it is not as easy as I thought it would be to draft up a witty response of my own. The American English language is SOOOOOOO foreign compared to what was spoken by our beloved Jane Austen! I called her yesterday and again congratulated her on what a great job she did with it. I told her it was her education and she laughingly said, "No, it was my imagination." ha ha But alas, I think I have come up with something that I will compose tonight since I will see her tomorrow!

By the way... while I was perusing the web I found this fun quiz. Take a turn and click on the link to find out which Austin heroine you are!

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!

0 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment: