Saturday, July 10, 2010

Getting ready...

~*~

Getting ready for my Recession TEA Party!
Taxed Enough Already!


Chachaneen Manor is in a recession!
The treasury has dried up!
But that shouldn't get in the way of spending the afternoon together with friends, right?  So my girlfriends and I are taking the pantry challenge to see what we can make to bring to the party. 
Could it be fresh fruit and vegetables from their garden?
Spam Tea Sandwiches?
Deviled Eggs?
Dry Salad?
I'm making my famous cream scones with lemon curd.
I can't wait to see how creative they will be and I'll share the photo's in my next post!
~*~

8 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

R. Quilter July 10, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

Spam Tea sandwiches. Maybe your on to something... Hope you have a great time!

steviewren July 10, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

This sounds like so much fun. And a way to get creative on a budget.

I've been trying to think of a way to go on a road trip on a limited budget. If you think of a way let me know.

Have fun girls!

Betsy Brock July 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Have fun! I say it's even more fun that way!

Oh dear...you'll have to eat that way for a month so you can buy a vacuum! LOL!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) July 12, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

I'm suddenly wishing I lived close enough to crash your tea party!!

Susan July 12, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

I actually served some spam in pastry
things years ago at an open house !
I think I cut out circles of pie crust then folded them over strips
of spam- they sort of looked like
calla lilies? or resembled a spam
baby swaddled in a pastry blanket?

Miss Jean July 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

What a wonderful idea! Sometimes when I make something, such as cookies or cake or even a whole dinner, I thin, "Wow! That was in the pantry all the time, waiting for me."

Can't wait to see the pictures.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? July 14, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

A wonderful idea, Janeen! You're proof to one's creativity in resilience during trying times we're all experiencing! Can't wait to see the photos of a very talented and determined group of friends! Am sure fun was had by all! :))

p.s. If you've got the time, Janeen, I posted a couple graduation and prom pics of hundreds for lack of time, honestly. I don't think things will be back to normal until after Nikki goes to college in September. Whew!

Sparky July 15, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

YOU GO GIRL!! I'm proud of you for holding a TEA Party! Don't forget to bring your "Don't Tread On Me" sign. I had my husband paint one and it's hanging down by the road.

God bless you fellow Patriot! :)