Sunday, February 28, 2010

Well fancy that!

~*~


Guess what I learned this week about eyebrows...

As you reach the peak of beauty ( yep all of us ladies over 40+ ) have you noticed that your eyebrows begin to turn gray along with your hair... or is it just me?  I've shaped mine for about 10 years now but never really thought about the color of them until I noticed recently that they weren't matching the color of my hair like they used to.  After searching a couple of make-up tips on eyebrows I learned what I stumbled on was NOT new to the cosmetic experts.  

So what was the repeated eyebrow tip for women over age 40?  Color in your eyebrows!  Duh right?   When your eyebrows are darker, you look younger.  I thought I'd give it a try... I think I found a perfect powder shade for my eyebrows (history has shown I'm terrible with a pencil) and tried doing just one eye first.  Boy what a difference that made just lightly filling in one brow made half of my face look like a before and after pic.  Sorry, didn't think to take a picture of it to share with ya but give it a try on yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

So Lauren, your eyebrow shape and color are my goal this year.
Ladies, what make-up tips can you share with your bloggy friends?

~*~

9 Cha Cha Bloggers left a comment:

steviewren February 28, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

My eyebrows are very light and thin. Like my mother they've begun falling out on the inside edges. I've tried using a pencil, but I don't want to look fake. It's the pits getting old! What's a girl to do?

Betsy Brock March 1, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

I put a little charcoal powder on mine...does make a big difference. And I agree with Stevie that they tend to look fake if you use a pencil. Just don't give them that old tadpole shape! LOL! I've heard it's very 'out' haha.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) March 1, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

So, what kind of color exactly do you get for such a thing....and is it permanent? I probably need to do this myself. NOT that *I* have any gray eyebrows.
~M

ChaChaneen March 1, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Recluse... At the same area where eye shadows are sold, except the packaging says eyebrow powder (think shadow). I got a medium brown color and a angled tip brush to apply it with. 

Miss Jean March 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

I have really poor vision, so without my glasses I can't even see my eyebrows, let alone pluck and color them. My makeup tip that works for me? Don't look too closely in the mirror!!

Anonymous March 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

This is good advice. I have never tried eyebrow powder, but will definetly look for it. My tip is less is more when it comes to makeup. Love Lauren Bacall...a classic beauty.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? March 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Yep, sure know what you mean, Janeen! What I do is use a brown mascara brush just for the eyebrows and "lightly" brush the brows with it. It gives them both the added color and extra volume!

Lauren Bacall is certainly in a league of her own, then so are you, gorgeous! ;)

Thank you sooooo for your cool rendition of Happy Birthday, Janeen! You helped make it a very special day! :))

KARNA March 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

I'm heading to the store to find eyebrow powder! I hate the look of the pencil also, but have used the Mary Kay blonde one for years now.
Another tip for eyebrows is that if you have the type that get crazy and won't lay down properly, just a tad of vaseline will tame them.
I have noticed recently that the old tip of making sure your eyebrows start at the inset of your eye and arching up in the middle and ending at the end of your eye on an angle has not been followed...seems the eyebrows are beginning much closer together and further in than the inward eye part (DOES THIS MAKE SENSE>>>probably not, sorry)
k

R. Quilter March 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

I stopped coloring my hair. I have set myself free from the pressure to stay young. I am now getting my white crown of splendor. :)